Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

House or apartment?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 57 Replies
Our lease is up and we can move Ito a bigger apartment here or move into a house.

Both are 3 bedrooms 2 baths.
Both are in great areas of town and it's the same school districts.

The apartment is 1400 a month and we have access to a pool 24/7 weather permitting as well as a gas grill and maintenance that comes quickly to fix problems.

The house is 1500 a month. We would have to pay for lawn service at 120 a month and there is a pool but it's open only during the summer months. Water/gas/trash would tack on an extra 120ish a month.

So what would you do? We can afford either one but while I like the idea of the house and a garage I don't like the added expenses.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 18, 2015 at 5:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 18, 2015 at 5:33 PM
3 moms liked this
I can't stand the smell of foods and noise from neighbors lol. I'd pick the house.
blessed107
by Diamond Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 5:34 PM

I'd opt for a house. I don't like apartment living.

Gianna2014
by Ruby Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 5:34 PM

To me the house would be worth the added expense. I currently live in a townhouse and what I wouldn't give not to have neighbors that close on either side of me.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 18, 2015 at 5:34 PM
I would go with the house. I don't like to worry about noise from neighbors or us. I enjoy having a garage.
mes_deux_amours
by Ruby Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 5:34 PM
House. I can't stand apt living.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 18, 2015 at 5:35 PM
I say house because apartment living is not for us, but we do our own gardening and lawn care. If you could save on that, it would be good.
Manic_Sinner
by 5/27/2018🤰🏽 on Feb. 18, 2015 at 5:35 PM
I would choose the house.
RavensRose
by on Feb. 18, 2015 at 5:35 PM

I will always choose an apartment or condo over a free standing house.  I don't want a yard, I don't want to have to care for one (or pay someone else to). I don't want a large space to have to clean, heat, cool, and care for.  I don't want the expense of the upkeep of a free standing home.   I really do not want any of the responsibilities of owning a free standing home.  And there are few free standing homes in the middle of the city.

squeekers
by squeekers on Feb. 18, 2015 at 5:37 PM

I have lived in an apartment for a dozen years. We have had our broken kitchen counter, fridge, oven, thermostat and dishwasher replaced for zero charge.

ArmyWife112908
by Mrs.Crane on Feb. 18, 2015 at 5:37 PM
House all the way
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)