Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

any Muslimahs?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
Yeah I know there's a group but it is so quiet in there.

Anyway I have a question ...

This is the scenario. A woman who is married for 22 years to a man of good morals converts (I don't know if that's the correct term) to Islam. Does their marriage become invalid if he doesn't convert ? And, what happens if he doesn't want to convert but he's still the upstanding husband that he's been for years?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 18, 2015 at 5:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
theboyfactory
by on Feb. 18, 2015 at 5:50 PM
There are several that frequent in here.

Bump.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 18, 2015 at 5:50 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 18, 2015 at 5:50 PM

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 18, 2015 at 5:50 PM
Lets hope one of them sees this post

Quoting theboyfactory: There are several that frequent in here.

Bump.
NiamhWitch
by Póg mo thóin on Feb. 18, 2015 at 5:51 PM

I know of at least three in this group.  Here's a bump.

theboyfactory
by on Feb. 18, 2015 at 5:51 PM
Why don't you just ask your question so they can respond?

Quoting Anonymous 1: Lets hope one of them sees this post

Quoting theboyfactory: There are several that frequent in here.

Bump.
Advilplease
by on Feb. 18, 2015 at 5:52 PM
Me :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
allycally
by Ruby Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 5:53 PM
Heres a bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 18, 2015 at 5:57 PM
This is the scenario. A woman who is married for 22 years to a man of good morals converts (I don't know if that's the correct term) to Islam. Does their marriage become invalid if he doesn't convert ? And, what happens if he doesn't want to convert but he's still the upstanding husband that he's been for years?

Quoting Advilplease: Me :)
Advilplease
by on Feb. 18, 2015 at 6:24 PM
Well first off salam & welcome to islam:) and second, be careful where you get your info on islam because everyone has an opinion but you should always stick with whats written in the quran and sunnah.. with that, youre definitely in a tough situation! But the important question here is

Does mankind think that they will be left to say, "We believe", and that they will not be tested? (Quran 29:2)

Allah tests those he loves. Unfortunately, it's haram for a woman to be in a marriage with a non muslim . But we should remember that Allah makes all His rules with wisdom that humans sometimes can't see, and have faith in that despite how hard it may be..

Proof from quran:
“And give not (your daughters) in marriage to Al-Mushrikoon (polytheists)till they believe” (2:221)

Proof from sunnah:
Zaynab, the daughter of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), was married to Abu’l-‘Aas ibn al-Rabee’ during the Jaahiliyyah (pre-Islamic days of ignorance) but when she became Muslim, their marriage was annulled, and she went and stayed with her father (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). When her husband became Muslim, the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) sent her back to him. (Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 1143; Abu Dawood, 2240; Ibn Maajah, 2009; classed as saheeh by Imaam Ahmad, 1789. Al-Tirmidhi said, there is nothing wrong with its isnaad).

My advice to you is to be the best muslim, wife, & muslim wife you can be and see if that makes him more receptive to dawah, seeing how islam affects you. Get him involved with new muslim friends. he may come around. I know no one wants to get a divorce. I'm sorry I wish I could go into more detail but its 3AM and I'm on a phone :( last thing, watch lectures and work on strengthening your faith because you will definitely need strong conviction to help you with this big issue. Best wishes. PM me if you want

Quoting Anonymous 1: This is the scenario. A woman who is married for 22 years to a man of good morals converts (I don't know if that's the correct term) to Islam. Does their marriage become invalid if he doesn't convert ? And, what happens if he doesn't want to convert but he's still the upstanding husband that he's been for years?

Quoting Advilplease: Me :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)