Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms don't take sick days...

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2015 at 6:18 PM
  • 39 Replies
Sooooo true. :( I need to clean, figure out dinner, and run an errand but I'm struggling today. I constantly feel like I need to sneeze, I'm gagging on nasty stuff, and my head feels like it weighs 300lbs. All I want to do is sleep!!! I wish I could call in sick.
by on Feb. 18, 2015 at 6:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaBear131716
by Platinum Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 6:19 PM
And my ears feel like they have water in them and keep popping. Yucky stuff.
SamanthaSage
by on Feb. 18, 2015 at 6:21 PM

The house will survive without being cleaned. Order a pizza or whatever other takeout. Have a friend or family member run the errand for you.

lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 6:22 PM

call forfood and have it delivered.  Screw the errand and get the tv going with the kids. Watch a movie or 2 in bed with them.

rosie211
by Platinum Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 6:22 PM
This. Feel better soon momma.

Quoting SamanthaSage:

The house will survive without being cleaned. Order a pizza or whatever other takeout. Have a friend or family member run the errand for you.

KairisMama
by Sapphire Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 6:23 PM
Why do all of that? When I'm sick im in bed. DH handles the kids, the house, and dinner and let's me rest.
MamaBear131716
by Platinum Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 6:26 PM
Yeah screw it, I think that's what I'm going to do. When dh wakes up I'll make him run the errand...or do it tomorrow at work. Pizza sounds good. The mess is getting to me but maybe if I can manage to pick up the room I'm in and just not go in the messy rooms...

Quoting SamanthaSage:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 18, 2015 at 6:28 PM
I will at times. Yes I may still have the kids but the house doesn't get cleaned and my husband makes dinner and does all the evening stuff.
MamaBear131716
by Platinum Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 6:29 PM
He works very early mornings so he's been asleep most of the day.

Quoting KairisMama: Why do all of that? When I'm sick im in bed. DH handles the kids, the house, and dinner and let's me rest.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 18, 2015 at 6:29 PM
1 mom liked this

I get sick days. My husband and kids will pick up the slack if I am sick.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 18, 2015 at 6:30 PM
Sorry to hear that! Me too. I was a single mom when I had the flu and then two weeks later bronchitis to the point I was wheezing I wish I had someone then.

and even with a dh I have a back injury he helps but I couldn't lay in bed and rest either and have to take pills and wear a brace and push through the pain to take care of my baby and the other kids

it sucks. People who put moms down arnt real mothers or they would understand the pain emotionally and physically
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)