Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Whoo! I have permission to buy a new washer and dryer

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2015 at 7:54 PM
  • 16 Replies
But i don't know what I want.

DH is working a LOT of overtime, 2-4 weeks of overtime so I now give myself permission to buy a new washer and dryer.

So what do you recommended?
I don't think I want a front loading because of the maintenance associated with them, Im not good at leaving the door open and I don't want a moldy mildewy mess in a few months.

Money isn't going to be much of a factor but I'm also not going to spend 7000 on a washer
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 18, 2015 at 7:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 18, 2015 at 7:57 PM

Admiral top loaders.  I hated the front end washer!!!

LilysMama719
by Emmy on Feb. 18, 2015 at 7:59 PM
I just bought a GE top loader with an agitator. It's nothing fancy, but I love it. It still saves water with the rinse cycle and if you use auto fill on the wash. However, it still has the agitator to get clothes really clean. I've only had it a few days, but I love it. It's quiet, works quickly, and the dryer dries evenly.
PinkButterfly66
by Diamond Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 7:59 PM

I have an LG  high capacity front loader HE washer and matching dryer and love them.  LOVE THEM!!

bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Feb. 18, 2015 at 8:01 PM
I've bought bottom of the line plain Jane my whole life & they've always worked & lasted great. My last set about ten years ago was $500 & it's still going great.
Roxygurl
by Sapphire Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 8:02 PM
The one I have now werent that expensive and the washer have me trouble after a year and it's going out now 5 years later.

Quoting bluebunnybabe: I've bought bottom of the line plain Jane my whole life & they've always worked & lasted great. My last set about ten years ago was $500 & it's still going great.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Roxygurl
by Sapphire Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 8:02 PM
How long have you had it and do you have the mold problem?

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

I have an LG  high capacity front loader HE washer and matching dryer and love them.  LOVE THEM!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Feb. 18, 2015 at 8:03 PM
That sucks. I like Roper. They're made by Maytag but they're much cheaper.

Quoting Roxygurl: The one I have now werent that expensive and the washer have me trouble after a year and it's going out now 5 years later.

Quoting bluebunnybabe: I've bought bottom of the line plain Jane my whole life & they've always worked & lasted great. My last set about ten years ago was $500 & it's still going great.
Roxygurl
by Sapphire Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 8:04 PM
1 mom liked this
The ones I have are GE

Quoting bluebunnybabe: That sucks. I like Roper. They're made by Maytag but they're much cheaper.

Quoting Roxygurl: The one I have now werent that expensive and the washer have me trouble after a year and it's going out now 5 years later.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 18, 2015 at 8:04 PM

Maytag is horrible!

PinkButterfly66
by Diamond Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 8:05 PM

Since 2006, I think.  Nope no mold issue.  I do leave the washer door open when I do laundry but the kid and hubs don't.  Mold issue is really easy to take care of by just running an empty cycle through with bleach.  I've never had to do it though.  LG now has a dryer that has a steam dry cycle for wrinkles.  If mine ever dies, that's what I'm getting. 

Quoting Roxygurl: How long have you had it and do you have the mold problem?
Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)