Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cinncinatti, Oh moms help!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies
Hubby is landing there tonight for a conference for work. How bad is the weather right now? Do you close roads etc? Hubby is renting a car and driving to his hotel. I was nervous about him driving.. We are from Dallas, TX.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 18, 2015 at 9:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 18, 2015 at 9:09 PM
Check WLWT channel 5 news site. They have weather and road updates.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 18, 2015 at 9:12 PM
Thanks! I'm worried that they are gping to cancel it. Is everything shut down there? Or are these temps normal for you guys? -13 tonight right?
ELKmountain.mom
by on Feb. 18, 2015 at 9:14 PM
We have friends coming back from there to dallas tonight and they are fine. Snow isn't a big deal, it's ice that sucks
amy-momof5
by Silver Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 9:17 PM
It's pretty bad. Not only snow and ice and wind but it's supposed to be like - 10. I'm on the couch all snuggled down with the fireplace going.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 18, 2015 at 9:17 PM
Thanks, I'm just waiting to hear from him when he gets to the hotel. Hopefully he is fine.. We shut down here for - degree days lol! ;-)

Quoting ELKmountain.mom: We have friends coming back from there to dallas tonight and they are fine. Snow isn't a big deal, it's ice that sucks
lauren.m
by Ruby Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 9:18 PM
No they don't shut us down. This isn't unheard of for this area.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 18, 2015 at 9:19 PM
Are you and your friends going to work in the morning? I told hubby that it might all be closed down in the morning. Most schools are closed tomorrow right?

Quoting amy-momof5: It's pretty bad. Not only snow and ice and wind but it's supposed to be like - 10. I'm on the couch all snuggled down with the fireplace going.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 18, 2015 at 9:20 PM
It's cold but it is what it is. The snow squalls causing white outs are scarier than the temps. He'll be ok.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Thanks! I'm worried that they are gping to cancel it. Is everything shut down there? Or are these temps normal for you guys? -13 tonight right?
amy-momof5
by Silver Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 9:21 PM
Everything is closed. I was just on the news website and they had 300+ closings.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 18, 2015 at 9:23 PM
Thanks for your help. I hope he didn't fly there to stay in a hotel the whole time. I really appreciate it, I'm just waiting for him to call and say he made if. I packed him long underwear to wear under his suits lol!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)