Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I just want to date around...is that bad?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies

I'm not going to go into all the details, because I would likely be called a troll and it hurts to go into details, but basically, I met my daughters dad when I was 15, he was 21. He was controlling, and we had extreme trust issues. We fought alot, but he was the first guy I dated, and I didn't know any better. Until I met him, I was raised very sheltered. We were together 4 years, a lot of different types of abuse happened in that time frame. 

We split up in 2012, and I have went on a few dates here are there, but I am focusing on myself and my daughter. We are in a much better place now, and I feel like I am ready to start dating. I have 100% custody of my daughter, and her father is legally restrained from any contact with us for the next 4 years.

I just want to date around, I want nothing serious at this point. My family tells me I need to find a man and focus on buying a house, having a family, more children, etc...

They also don't know all the details of what went on. I won't tell them. 

Is it wrong to just date around and have fun, and NOT want anything serious, if your a parent?

I also have no intentions of introducting any of the men I go out with to my daughter. 

I don't want to buy a house, I have no interest in sticking around this area, but I am not ready to move where I want to move too yet. 

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 18, 2015 at 9:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
luvmybug
by Traderspixie on Feb. 18, 2015 at 10:13 PM
Just go have fun, girl. :) I don't see anything wrong with 'dating around' as long as you keep your child out of it...
StarWilliams
by 💅StuckUpChick💁 on Feb. 18, 2015 at 10:15 PM
No I think your fine . Do things when YOUR ready .
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 18, 2015 at 10:16 PM
Use protection, and trust yourself to make healthy decisions. Some people settle down to soon, and then realize it's with the wrong person.
FrumpyPigSkin
by Don't Burn The Pig on Feb. 18, 2015 at 10:17 PM
Not at all honey. You're young. Have fun.
smorgan865
by Emerald Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 10:17 PM
There's no need to rush into anything. Date around and get to know someone before getting serious.

Do what's right for YOU and your daughter.
ups.and.downs28
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 10:19 PM
Be safe and healthy, explore what's out there and get a feel for what you're looking for. No reason to rush :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 18, 2015 at 10:22 PM
You're your daughter's only parent at this point. Every single choice you make has to be centered around her best interest.
spooky415
by Emerald Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 10:22 PM
Just do what you want
ArmyWife112908
by Mrs.Crane on Feb. 18, 2015 at 10:25 PM
This

Quoting Anonymous 2: Use protection, and trust yourself to make healthy decisions. Some people settle down to soon, and then realize it's with the wrong person.
slt1680
by Gold Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 10:27 PM
This exactly!

Quoting luvmybug: Just go have fun, girl. :) I don't see anything wrong with 'dating around' as long as you keep your child out of it...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)