Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Looks like I need to make a dentist appt for my son

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies

Between the ages of 3 and 4, DS had multiple accidents.  He kept getting his front tooth hit.  Falling out of the giant toybox at the grandparents house, his cousin throwing a toy at him, him goofing off on the swingset and running into one of the bars.  His tooth turned brown and I took him to a dentist to see if it was ok, and he said everything was fine.  Over time, the tooth turned white again and all my fears were put away.

In August he lost the other front tooth and in September he lost the one that kept getting beat up.  I haven't been paying too much attention, but I've noticed that the normal one is almost fully grown in now, but the one that kept getting beat up wasn't coming in.  I took a closer look and saw that it hasn't even broken the gums.  Wondering if he managed to kill the grown up tooth by beating up the baby tooth so much.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 18, 2015 at 10:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
young_lv_mom
by Gold Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 10:18 PM
One of my oldest daughters teeth took almost 6 months to come in. Just wait until his normal check up to bring it up. But that's just my two cents.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 18, 2015 at 10:19 PM

Yeah, he's due for one of those as well.  We've been in our new area for almost a year and we haven't done a whole lot of searching for a new dentist.

Quoting young_lv_mom: One of my oldest daughters teeth took almost 6 months to come in. Just wait until his normal check up to bring it up. But that's just my two cents.

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Feb. 18, 2015 at 10:21 PM
Um it probably just hadn't come in yet. I would just wait until his cleaning is due and then mention it.
blessed107
by Diamond Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 10:22 PM

A tooth that has been knocked out or damaged takes a lot longer to come through than it would if it had simply been pulled.

okpondlady
by Ruby Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 10:36 PM

If it was knocked out and not really ready to Fall Out, it might take it awhile to come in. 

TANSTAAFL- There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 18, 2015 at 10:37 PM

How much longer?  The normal tooth is almost completely grown in, but this one hasn't even broken the gums.  I was always under the impression that the baby teeth fall out because the big ones are in the process of pushing them out.

Quoting blessed107:

A tooth that has been knocked out or damaged takes a lot longer to come through than it would if it had simply been pulled.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 18, 2015 at 10:39 PM

No, the tooth was never knocked out.  It got beat up, turned brown, even looked like it had an almost invisible crack in it.  Then it turned white again after about a year.  Then in September, it became wiggly and fell out like all the other baby teeth he's had come out.

Quoting okpondlady:

If it was knocked out and not really ready to Fall Out, it might take it awhile to come in. 

Poosaloosa
by Platinum Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 10:43 PM
My son fell in the shower and hit the metal track for the shower door and literally busted his front two teeth to pieces. They had to pull out what was left of them. And it took 3 years for just one of them to come back in, the dentist assured me they were fine and would be in shortly. And just this week I can feel the second one trying to bust through.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 18, 2015 at 10:45 PM

Yeowch!  I bet that hurt!  I'm glad he's doing ok.

Quoting Poosaloosa: My son fell in the shower and hit the metal track for the shower door and literally busted his front two teeth to pieces. They had to pull out what was left of them. And it took 3 years for just one of them to come back in, the dentist assured me they were fine and would be in shortly. And just this week I can feel the second one trying to bust through.

blessed107
by Diamond Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 10:50 PM

Normally they don't they start to lose teeth until the age 6-8. My nephew tooth was knocked out at 3. That tooth took a whole year to come back in, when it did, it was so crooked they had to cut his gum and sew it the gum shut, in order for the tooth to come back correctly.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

How much longer?  The normal tooth is almost completely grown in, but this one hasn't even broken the gums.  I was always under the impression that the baby teeth fall out because the big ones are in the process of pushing them out.

Quoting blessed107:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)