Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you think of this?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies
My little sister finally left her pos husband. But she is struggling really badly. She's living in a run down crappy motel with my nephew. Shes' applied for housing, and is on a 2 year waiting list. She has to walk about 10 miles a day just to get my nephew to the babysitters, and back and forth to work. I don't have the money to help her, and if I could just get her home with me, things would be better for them. I was thinking about making a gofundme to get her a vehicle to get her here and enable her to get around to better job opportunities here. But I'm afraid of her soon to be ex finding out and preventing her from being able to leave the state. I'm also afraid of people we know judging us for asking for help. What would you guys think if you saw a gofundme like this?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 18, 2015 at 10:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 18, 2015 at 10:55 PM
I'm sure I wouldn't contribute. Sorry but I just wouldn't. Rather than trying to buy her a car, couldn't you come up with $100 & buy her a bus ticket to where you are so you could help her get on her feet?
Coles_mom
by Gryfinndor Always on Feb. 18, 2015 at 10:59 PM
Can you not pick her up? Or your parents?
Missdameanor
by on Feb. 18, 2015 at 11:01 PM

With all the gofundmes for kids with cancer and other really sad cases, I doubt you will get enough money. I agree with the others , send her a bus ticket and let her move in with you till she can get on her feet.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 18, 2015 at 11:03 PM
I've offered her that. But she had to pick up and leave all of her belongings a year ago, and doest want to leave behind the few things she's been able to get for my nephew. That's why I thought if I could get her cheap van or something she'd be able to come finally.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I'm sure I wouldn't contribute. Sorry but I just wouldn't. Rather than trying to buy her a car, couldn't you come up with $100 & buy her a bus ticket to where you are so you could help her get on her feet?
Jinx-Troublex3
by Gold Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 11:05 PM

I am laughing my ass off at a friend who just started a gofundme account. he is trying to raise 7000 in 2 months to send his kid on a trip @@ Freaking beggars.

While your cause is a little more worthy, there are plenty of organizations nad shelters for single parents that would have a better situation than them bing in a motel and walking to work. I suggest you look into local groupls like women's shelters, Salvation Army, Domestic Violence support, etc.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 18, 2015 at 11:10 PM
I live 2 states away, and cant afford to take off work, or have anyone to watch my kids.

Quoting Coles_mom: Can you not pick her up? Or your parents?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)