Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I really need advice (baby with ds)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 49 Replies
I'm pregnant with our 4th child we got the test today and it says that there is a very good chance that our baby will have Down's syndrome. I don't even know what to think. We ready have a child with autism and another with Aspergers. We love this baby but idk if we can handle another sn child. Wwyd if you were in our position?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 18, 2015 at 11:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 18, 2015 at 11:58 PM
2 moms liked this
Only you can make that decision but I can say for sure I would make sure I didn't get pregnant again regardless of what I decided to do about this pregnancy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 19, 2015 at 12:01 AM

I'd have the  baby.  I don't believe in abortion, but I'm pro-choice, so it's your body and your choice.  Still think abortion is wrong though.

PinkButterfly66
by Diamond Member on Feb. 19, 2015 at 12:03 AM
1 mom liked this

I'd terminate.  I know my limitations.

redheadtmk
by Ruby Member on Feb. 19, 2015 at 12:03 AM

I would have the baby. I do not believe in abortion. Most people I know with down syndrome have less behaviors and issues than those on the autism spectrum.

mommylee321
by Member on Feb. 19, 2015 at 12:06 AM
My mom once told me when i was pregnant with my first son and my test came back high for ds that God had ways of handling it however my oldest was fine no ds at all my 2nd did have ds and passed away a 5 days old it was because of the ds and the heart condition associated with ds. Only you can make that choice and only you know what is best for your family.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 19, 2015 at 12:06 AM

If you know you can't handle another sn child then give this baby up for adoption.  That's better than abortion imo but you should do what you feel is best for your family.  I wouldn't get pregnant again though.  

nonyobizniz
by on Feb. 19, 2015 at 12:07 AM
1 mom liked this
Same here
and get my tubes tied

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

I'd terminate.  I know my limitations.

justinnaimee
by Ruby Member on Feb. 19, 2015 at 12:07 AM
I would keep it. children with downs can and do lead fulfilling lives. The only reason I would abort would be if the diagnosis would lessen the quality of my babies life.
Angela_Barlow
by on Feb. 19, 2015 at 12:08 AM
Drs told me there was a great chance my last lo would have ds.

He does not.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 19, 2015 at 12:09 AM
Downs comes with other challenges besides an extra chromosome. Major heart defects, feeding issues, seizures, etc. make sure you know the extent. It's a personal decision for you and your family.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)