Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Christians and Cheerleading

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 56 Replies
1 mom liked this

Um, so apparently you can't be a cheerleader and a good Christian.  So that's what certain people think.  They have even avoided coming to my daughter's competition's because of it.  She is 6 and they are my in laws.  The team she is on is appropriate.  Their uniforms were the first thing I looked at.  The music and dance moves are appropiate as well.

OPINIONS PLEASE OPINIONATED LADIES!!

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 23, 2015 at 1:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dragonborn
by Wonderstruck on Feb. 23, 2015 at 1:02 AM
That's silly of them.
squeekers
by squeekers on Feb. 23, 2015 at 1:04 AM
1 mom liked this

Rolls eyes
Cbreland07
by CranioMama on Feb. 23, 2015 at 1:04 AM
1 mom liked this
I can't stand cheerleading.. But I find that incredibly ridiculous
MajesticHorse
by on Feb. 23, 2015 at 1:06 AM
I think if thats how the girls are acting already.. I wouldn't want her there.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 23, 2015 at 1:07 AM
Thats dumb. Its a costume its not like shes wearing short skirts everyday. I came from a conservative family and I was on the dance team in high school.
RaynesMommy07
by Ruby Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 1:08 AM
They sound coocoo
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 23, 2015 at 1:08 AM
Maybe their opinions about the uniforms or routine is different than yours. Are you sure it's because they're Christian? My dh disapproves of cheerleaders and he's an atheist.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 23, 2015 at 1:20 AM

They haven't even bothered to see her in her uniform or do her moves.  That tell her how awesome her cartwheels and gymnastics are but it's something about cheerleading.  She's not doing cheer for the boys cheering either.  I don't think I could get behind that.  She's doing all star cheer.  Her uniform covers her entire upper body and her skirt, when not doing stunts, goes well past her finger tips.  They don't do any hip shaking or puty faces or anything like that.  It's all fun, bubbly dance moves and stunts.  I think it's pretty impressive that my 6 year old can do a back walkover into two cartwheels in a row into a round off.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Maybe their opinions about the uniforms or routine is different than yours. Are you sure it's because they're Christian? My dh disapproves of cheerleaders and he's an atheist.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 23, 2015 at 1:20 AM

What do you mean?

Quoting MajesticHorse: I think if thats how the girls are acting already.. I wouldn't want her there.

HandMmom12
by Jody on Feb. 23, 2015 at 1:23 AM

Is this your DDs first year of All-Star?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)