Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My doctor referred me to a hematologist. I am a little nervous about it.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies

My new primary care doctor mentioned that my wbc count and sed rate have been gradually climbing over the past year. Neither are very high 15.3 wbc and 30 sed rate. His concern is that they raise a point or two every time I have blood taken. The only other thing that was off was a high absolute neutrophil count.

Because the numbers aren't that high, I feel like I shouldn't worry. Aside from being really tired and pain in my joints and ribs, I haven't had any symptoms indicating anything wrong. 

Have any of you had a similar situation? How did it turn out? My appointment isn't until March 17th.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 23, 2015 at 2:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 23, 2015 at 2:07 AM
Dont stress...if im sure its just a precaution. They(drs) thought i had leukemia once but i didnt/dont...i do have a blood clotting disorder that is undiagnosed, basically there are many blood conditions in particular that do not have formal diagnosis and they treat symptoms.
okeydokie
by Silver Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 2:31 AM
I was recently sent to a hemotologist. They will likely order more blood work. Turns out I'm severely anemic. I have to go have a few iron infusions. It kinda sux, but I hope to be feeling better soon.

I hope they figure you out soon, & get you feeling better quickly.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 23, 2015 at 7:57 AM

Thanks, I hope it is nothing.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 23, 2015 at 7:58 AM

Quoting okeydokie: I was recently sent to a hemotologist. They will likely order more blood work. Turns out I'm severely anemic. I have to go have a few iron infusions. It kinda sux, but I hope to be feeling better soon. I hope they figure you out soon, & get you feeling better quickly.

I hope you feel better too. My friend had anemia, certainly can make you feel terrible.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)