Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Seriously angry this morning....I can't even begin to calm down yet.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 43 Replies

My daughter is 12.  Her best friend is also 12.  The best friend has an older sister that is 14.  She has always been amazing to my daughter.  Like a big sister.  Painted her nails, did her hair, makeup, and all that kind of stuff.

The older sister committed suicide last night.  The mom sent a text from the older sisters phone to my daughters phone to tell her.

It was a mass text.

WHO DOES THIS?

The mom had my phone number.  She could have sent me  a text. 

Who sends a mass text out to ANYONE about a suicide?

So now I have an absolutely devastated little girl.  It would have been so much better for me to break it to her.

Now I do realize the mom probably wasn't in her right mind when she sent the text.  But seriously...I don't even think I would be sending a text at that time.  I would have someone else pass on the news for me.

ETA...  I get that I am probably just angry at the whole situation.  It is super upsetting to wake up to your kid screaming her head off from a text like that.  I can't imagine finding my kid like she did.  I am not sure of the details yet.  I am sure they will follow.  I know the mom isn't thinking clearly.  My dh went over to collect their 12 year old and bring her over.  He took my dd with him.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 23, 2015 at 8:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Feb. 23, 2015 at 8:06 AM
2 moms liked this
That's cold, ice fucking cold.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 23, 2015 at 8:07 AM
1 mom liked this
I think she gets a pass. She just lost her kid. Any way you told your dd would be bad. Sorry for your loss.
thetrollcat
by on Feb. 23, 2015 at 8:07 AM
12 moms liked this

I think its wrong to judge people in such extreme situations. Its like people jumping to conclusions at funerals., Not worth it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 23, 2015 at 8:08 AM
:(
AnonyMinnie
by on Feb. 23, 2015 at 8:08 AM

Oh wow that is insane. How crazy of that mother. Why would she want to do that? Anyway, that sucks for your daughter. But death is a part of life, guess if she hasn't figured it out yet then now is a good time.

owl0210
by Sapphire Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 8:09 AM
Wow I wouldn't have sent out a mass text. I would probably be in shock.
lovemercygrace
by Ruby Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 8:09 AM
i agree.

Quoting thetrollcat:

I think its wrong to judge people in such extreme situations. Its like people jumping to conclusions at funerals., Not worth it.

Missdameanor
by on Feb. 23, 2015 at 8:09 AM
3 moms liked this

I'm so sorry! I feel bad for everyone involved. 

I can't imagine what I would do in that Mom's case, so I can't fault her choices.

I hope your dd finds a healthy way to deal with the devastating news. Good luck! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 23, 2015 at 8:09 AM
1 mom liked this
Wow. Grief makes us do strange things. I'm sorry for yours and your daughter's loss.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 23, 2015 at 8:09 AM
Losing a child fucks you. You don't deserve to feel any type of way.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)