Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He's sabotaging my weight loss

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 29 Replies

Over the last year or so I have lost 45 pounds. Now my DH insists that he shouldn't have to hide his cookies, potato chips and chocolate candy, and says I should have self-control. Of course his metabolism is better than mine and he can eat that junk and not gain weight. Although I still think it's making him unhealthy.It feel like he's trying to sabotage me. How can I make him understand?It was a lot of hard work but through eating better and moving more I did it.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 23, 2015 at 9:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
that_mom_mary
by on Feb. 23, 2015 at 9:11 AM
I agree with your dh. Self control.
ZombieMeat37
by on Feb. 23, 2015 at 9:11 AM
I do agree...he shouldn't have to hide food, nor should he have to give up eating those things, just because you struggle with weight.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Feb. 23, 2015 at 9:12 AM
Sorry, I agree with your DH. Get some self control.
owl0210
by Sapphire Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 9:12 AM
He's not forcing you to eat it.
eve210
by Platinum Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 9:13 AM
I understand how hard it is but it's been over a year. He shouldn't have to hide food anymore. Honestly how long do you want him to hide junk food so you won't be tempted? For the rest of your life? I don't think he's trying to sabotage at all.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dawnrothbaum
by Gold Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 9:14 AM

You are responsible for what you put in your body. You know that eating crap will just cause weight gain and you'll be upset with yourself for making a bad choice.

CorpCityGrl
by Ruby Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 9:14 AM

Yes and no. 

Congratulations on your weight loss. That's a big accomplishment and it's great that you've stayed on track.

However, your DH in many ways is right. You cannot expect people to tiptoe around you when it comes to being healthy. With that said, it WOULD be polite for him to hide the food BUT I also don't think that's healthy for anybody involved. In the last year, you should have already established these good eating habits and have gained more control over your impulses. I think it's okay to have a treat every once in a while. 

embrigmom
by Platinum Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 9:14 AM

Sorry but I agree with your dh.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 23, 2015 at 9:14 AM
sorry, I agree with him. Grow up and learn to control yourself.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 23, 2015 at 9:15 AM

He doesn't have to live in a vacuum because you have food issues. He should be able to keep food in his own house. On the other hand I understand where you are coming from. As an ex smoker I'd be annoyed with someone having cigarettes in the house that lived with me. However ultimately you're the one that's going to have to learn how to practice self control. You can't make the world bend to how you want it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)