Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

More bulls*** from this damn company!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 22 Replies
My ds 7 schoolbus did not show up AGAIN this morning. This is the fifth time this school year. I called the bus company and said hey you're late what's going on ..when I called they were already 40 minutes late btw. They said oh the bus will be there in 20 to 30 minutes . It was 8 something at that point. School starts at 8:15 .

So 15 minutes pass I'm waiting in the hallway and a school bus that looks like ds ...very quickly flashes the headlight and zooms right past our apartment building without stopping at all. I said wtf that couldn't have been it..it didn't even stop.

So I wait 15 more minutes ...call the bus again and they put me on hold than hang up in my face. I call them again...no answer.

I placed yet another complaint with the office of pupil transportation. I'm sure NOTHING will be done.

Ds is upset . I'm sick as a dog. I just don't have it in me to take him in myself. Its a 2 hour commute on public transportation. I live in NYC I don't have a car. His school is in a completely different neighborhood and not accessible by train only bus than its a good 10 minute walk to his school. He wouldn't get in until 11 ...than I wouldn't get back home until 12:40 or so ...

I had a dr appointment I now have to cancel . I'm really upset about that. I haven't spoken to my psychologist in weeks and I don't like bringing ds with me because he hears everything we talk about and I than have to censor what I need to discuss.I also needed to go furniture shopping...can't do with ds.

So yeah they really screwed me and ds.

Just last month they dropped ds off by himself . I wasn't even outside ! They just let him off the school bus and my neighbor saw him wandering around. I went ape sh*t ! He could've got hit by a car or kidnapped..they opened an investiagtion..nothing has been done!

Earlier ds told me the bus aide hit him ...they opened an investigation...nothing was done! Same bus driver and bus aide !

Now they refuse to drive into the parking lot since I put in so many complaints against them ...now I drop and pick ds off at the curb of a four lane road that's directly off the parkway exit! Because they said oh we don't HAVE to go into your parking lot ...we did it as a courtesy...(bullshit...ALL the buses drive into the parking lot...for SAFETY except my ds bus!)

I put in a complaint about that as well...

Nothing's been done.

I just left a scathing voicemail message on the head honcho's answering machine letting him know how I keep complaining and NOTHING is done and my son is suffering for it!

My neighbor had a minor altercation with her school bus driver last year and her bus was changed immediately...I've been having ongoing major problems for MONTHS now and nobody has done anything !

Ds tells me everyday how he hates riding that schoolbus because they are mean to him ! He is autistic and adhd .
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 23, 2015 at 9:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Spam72
by Emerald Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 9:30 AM
Go to the news. That really sucks.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Feb. 23, 2015 at 9:32 AM
You again. I don't say this in a mean way. I'm actually coming around to your side I think. At first, I thought you were the problem or rather your kid was, but as you continue to post, I'm beginning to side with you.

This bus company is the problem, not you or your kid.
bethpelle
by Platinum Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 9:33 AM
Heads would roll. I agree with pp, go to the media
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 23, 2015 at 9:33 AM

Why were you in the hallway and not waiting outside for the bus that you had been told was late but was late but on its way? It's not going to just sit out there if you and your son are not in sight.

lauren.m
by Ruby Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 9:35 AM
That's ridiculous.
notjstasocermom
by Sapphire Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 9:35 AM
Go to the media that will get their attention.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 23, 2015 at 9:37 AM
The bus did not even stop. Even if I was directly at the curb . The schoolbus flashes its headlights and stops . It did not stop. It was going atleast 25 mph. No one stands outside in 20 degree weather. We wait in the hallway which is not far from the curb. I'm not standing with my kid for an undetermined amount of time outside. His pickup time is 7:15 not 8:45 . Would you stand on a curb for an hour and a half?

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Why were you in the hallway and not waiting outside for the bus that you had been told was late but was late but on its way? It's not going to just sit out there if you and your son are not in sight.

drowningmama
by on Feb. 23, 2015 at 9:37 AM

We actually have the same issue with our bus.  When I call they tell me its my fault ds isnt at the bus stop.  Ummmm?  We have been sitiing here forever.  How is it our fault!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 23, 2015 at 9:40 AM
I was never the problem. My kids have been getting bussed to school since they were 3 years old. I have never had a problem with a school bus company before. Dd gets bussed..her driver and aide are sweetheart. They even call and text me if they will be late and give her goodies everyday.

Ds bus driver and aide are completely different. They don't show up. Don't call . Don't apologize when they do finally pick him up the following day. Never say good morning . Dropped him off when I wasn't there . I could go on and on.

Quoting Danesmommy1: You again. I don't say this in a mean way. I'm actually coming around to your side I think. At first, I thought you were the problem or rather your kid was, but as you continue to post, I'm beginning to side with you.

This bus company is the problem, not you or your kid.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 23, 2015 at 9:44 AM

If I had called and the bus garage had said the bus was on its way, I would have been waiting outside so it would see me and stop. I'm not saying that you don't have a huge issue with the bus garage because you definitly do, but here if they don't see you outside, they don't stop. 

Quoting Anonymous 1: The bus did not even stop. Even if I was directly at the curb . The schoolbus flashes its headlights and stops . It did not stop. It was going atleast 25 mph. No one stands outside in 20 degree weather. We wait in the hallway which is not far from the curb. I'm not standing with my kid for an undetermined amount of time outside. His pickup time is 7:15 not 8:45 . Would you stand on a curb for an hour and a half?
Quoting Anonymous 2:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)