Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you use if you can't use childproof drug bottles?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies

I have a lot of medicine, some of which could be dangerous to children.  I babysit my 2yr old nephew daily, he is a VERY active boy who loves to climb, kitchen counters included.

I keep my medicine in the kitchen so I don't forget to take it (it's all taken with meals)

I have medicine for arthritis and edema.  I cannot open the pills until I have a pill.  I got the pop-top bottles this time because it really is painful trying to open the push and turn childproof lids.

I'm thinking of getting a little lockbox with a combo lock.  Anyone else have to do this? What do you use?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 23, 2015 at 9:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RheaF
by on Feb. 23, 2015 at 9:39 AM
I would get a lock box.
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Feb. 23, 2015 at 9:39 AM

I cant open bottles. My pills are all separated by daily doses in snack sized plastic baggies which are stored in a small plastic container with a lid on top of my fridge.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 23, 2015 at 9:40 AM

I take a medication that thins the blood, therefore can be very dangerous to a child.  We keep our meds in the cabinet over the stove, but when we discovered my son could open the childproof bottles, put all of our meds into a large tool box with a combo lock.  Better safe than sorry.

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Feb. 23, 2015 at 9:40 AM
Get a little safe, lockbox thing.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 23, 2015 at 9:40 AM
Lock box
lauren.m
by Ruby Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 9:41 AM
Put them in a box that's locked with a key.
Molz09
by Platinum Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 9:41 AM
Lock box. It's what my clients do and it works well.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 23, 2015 at 9:41 AM

Yea, I've seen my nephew climb bookshelves to get a lolipop, just used the shelves like they were steps.  He's 2 and can scale the slanted rock climbng wall at the park.  His nickname is monkey lol

Quoting Anonymous 2:

I take a medication that thins the blood, therefore can be very dangerous to a child.  We keep our meds in the cabinet over the stove, but when we discovered my son could open the childproof bottles, put all of our meds into a large tool box with a combo lock.  Better safe than sorry.

blue-heart
by Ruby Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 9:41 AM
My husband has a lock box for his meds.
C-Stewart
by Molded Cupcake on Feb. 23, 2015 at 9:42 AM
A lock box maybe?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)