Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm so worried that I have an underlying condition....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 34 Replies

I am one of the few people (less than 5% of women, I read) that suffers from recurrent vaginal infections.

The doctors have no idea what is wrong with me and are now handing me over to an OBGYN. I test negative for yeast, bacterial vaginosis, and all STD's, but it's obvious that I have an infection and my white blood cell count is high.

I have tried multiple treatments, and the infection lasts for 3-4 weeks, leaves for 2 weeks, and comes back again... every time.

I know this seems like a petty problem but once you've dealt with the discomfort of a vaginal infection over a large period of time, it starts to eat at you. I feel like my body has betrayed me. I just don't understand why I cannot get better. It has started to consume my thoughts and I feel depressed.

I really doubt anyone else is in the same boat, but thanks for listening.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 23, 2015 at 9:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 23, 2015 at 9:54 AM

Have your sexual partners been tested ??

blush

brimar
by Silver Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 9:56 AM
Is a soap allergy possible?

I've had several and they treat me with 3 diflucan pills taken a week apart .
Some have done a pill and the cream combo.. But if you are using an irritant causing a change in your pH, it can trigger a new one.

Whoops, just reread, not yeast. Not BV .

I'd look at an allergy anyway.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 23, 2015 at 9:56 AM

For what? Yeast? No. But this problem started during a time when I was not sexually active. I really cannot say that sex has made a difference at all.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

blush

pixiedust11
by Silver Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 9:57 AM
How are you washing?? Could be a soap allergy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 23, 2015 at 9:58 AM

Anything.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

For what? Yeast? No. But this problem started during a time when I was not sexually active. I really cannot say that sex has made a difference at all.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

blush

Molz09
by Platinum Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 9:59 AM

I had a client who had issues like that.  It was horrible.   Hope they get it figured out soon!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 23, 2015 at 9:59 AM
Are you having sex? This seems to me like an obvious obgyn issue from the start. Who were you seeing?

Recurrent vaginal infections have a cause. Your partner is passing it to you. Trich? Yeast? Even pH imbalances from your partners semen.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 23, 2015 at 9:59 AM

I use hypoallergenic soaps and even stopped shaving down there in case that was contributing.

In January, right before my infection ended I used a one-day monistat treatment and coconut oil. So Saturday I tried that combo again, and woke up Sunday with my vagina SWOLLEN so much that I could hardly walk, and the worst infection of my life. I went to the ER because I was spotting blood and cramping. They couldn't find a cause. So, I'm afraid of treating sometimes because it can make it SO SO worse!

Quoting brimar: Is a soap allergy possible? I've had several and they treat me with 3 diflucan pills taken a week apart . Some have done a pill and the cream combo.. But if you are using an irritant causing a change in your pH, it can trigger a new one.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 23, 2015 at 10:03 AM

It's not until you've had 4 infections that they consider it recurrent, and my infections last 3-4 weeks each time. My doctor sucks that way, at least.

I am having sex now, but wasn't when the infections first began. I don't have sex during an infection, obviously. My partner pulls out so there's no semen. I have been tested for ALL STD's multiple times. I don't even test positive for yeast... but the symptoms are that of yeast to a T.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Are you having sex? This seems to me like an obvious obgyn issue from the start. Who were you seeing? Recurrent vaginal infections have a cause. Your partner is passing it to you. Trich? Yeast? Even pH imbalances from your partners semen.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 23, 2015 at 10:03 AM
Your partner needs to be seen. This is imperative. Sex absolutely makes a difference. You say the infection clears and recurs. Something is bringing the infection back into your vagina.

Its possible you had the infection first, gave it to your partner. Then your doctor treated it. But your partner continues without symptoms. Then you get reinfected with sex. Now you retreat only to be reinfected.

Have you done a urine? That's usually where they find Trich.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting Anonymous 2:

blush

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)