Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm repainting our walls finally, and I want color scheme suggestions!

Posted by on Feb. 23, 2015 at 9:53 AM
  • 13 Replies

The kids already picked what they want for their rooms, but I need suggestions on the rest of the house. My kitchen is done in blue and terra cotta tile, so the kitchen will need something that won't clash. I was thinking just a light terra cotta color. The living room, dining room, bathroom and my bedroom are totally open to suggestions! I really want an accent wall in the living room. I'm at a loss, though. What colors would look good together? Oh and my furniture is beige so will match anything. Pictures of you color schemes or just suggestions would really help! Thank you!

by on Feb. 23, 2015 at 9:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 23, 2015 at 9:57 AM
I live on the water, so I have a very beachy house and used the water and sand as inspiration.

Won Behr paint, the kind that covers in one coat and has the primer already in it, and it is amazing. I highly recommend it and not just because I won it or I'm a paid rep. It comes in a lot of colors and you can go on their site, and "paint" a room to see what it looks like.
lauren.m
by Ruby Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 9:58 AM
I am no help. Here's a bump.
circle_of_life
by Ruby Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 9:58 AM

Cool, thanks I will check it out!

Quoting Anonymous 1: I live on the water, so I have a very beachy house and used the water and sand as inspiration. Won Behr paint, the kind that covers in one coat and has the primer already in it, and it is amazing. I highly recommend it and not just because I won it or I'm a paid rep. It comes in a lot of colors and you can go on their site, and "paint" a room to see what it looks like.

svolkov
by on Feb. 23, 2015 at 10:02 AM

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

I love bright colors. I'd probably go with a goldenrod in kitchen. Maybe warm greys or that grey purple color in living room. You could accent it with a shade darker of the same color.
circle_of_life
by Ruby Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 10:11 AM

Ooh pretty, I love that sage green kind of color, too!

Quoting svolkov:

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

I love bright colors. I'd probably go with a goldenrod in kitchen. Maybe warm greys or that grey purple color in living room. You could accent it with a shade darker of the same color.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 23, 2015 at 10:11 AM
Sage green for the living room, forest green for accent wall.

Light browns for the dining room.

Light purples and blues for the bathrooms.

Deep reds, yellows, and oranges for the bedroom.
svolkov
by on Feb. 23, 2015 at 10:13 AM
Me too! My den is that color. Kitchen is a muted orange and living/dining are two shades of a warm grey. I love these colors lol

Quoting circle_of_life:

Ooh pretty, I love that sage green kind of color, too!

Quoting svolkov:

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

svolkov
by on Feb. 23, 2015 at 10:14 AM
Oh and bedroom is the yellow lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 23, 2015 at 10:14 AM
pictures of the colors?
boys2men2soon
by Platinum Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 10:54 AM

It depends on the layout of your house.    If you have an open floor plan, it is important that the colors flow from room to room.

I love Greys, Greens, Blues, purples and yellow...

My living room and hallways are a grey/green color by Sherwin Williams called November Rain. 

Master bedroom is Spring Green.

I would choose a light blue for your kitchen,   A grey for the dining room.

Bathroom ... what color are your towels/ rugs?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)