Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

She messed up... But I'm the bad guy?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 45 Replies

So my step- MIL has "pain" issues and has been using the fentanyl patches to "control" her pain. It makes her a mindless zombie but anyways... She mistakenly send me a text that was meant for someone she intended to buy prescription pills from, saying basically she wanted a $100 worth but couldn't come get it because her husband was home and asked pill dealer to come to her... Well after receiving this text message she proceeds to blow up my phone telling just to ignore the text and she would explain later.. Well I called her the following day and called her out.. Telling her I think that she has a problem, obviously taking pills with the patch, well we end the phone call and she continued to text me telling me she needed to explain herself, she then waits to call me during giving my daughter a tub to "set me straight" well as I am listening to her bs, when baby starts really messing around in the tub and at this point i try to explain to step-MIL that I gotta go, baby is in the tub but she kept saying I was trying to cut her off.. Well out of frustration and anger I yelled into the phone, "I gotta go you f***ing r*t*rd".. Yeah that only made it worse (and I know I was wrong) and now I'm the bad guy and am being told I need to apologize for it all... I apologized for what I called her but as for yelling at her about her pill problem.. I will not apologize.. She was the one doing something wrong not me..

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 23, 2015 at 11:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 23, 2015 at 11:52 AM

This wasn't the first time she's been caught buying pills either 

lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 11:55 AM
3 moms liked this

Umm she rambles on and you yell F*^% Re*^rd and YOU dont feel you should apologize ? WOW !!!  You were wrong and if you were a mature person you'd own it. You could have easily just said good bye & hung up the phone.

chalisa0
by Ruby Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 11:55 AM
1 mom liked this

Who said you need to apologize?  Yeah, you acted like a teenager-maybe next time you get frustrated and annoyed with someone you will have learned to not just yell and swear like you're in Middle School.  Did you speak to your fil about her addiction and having dealers come to his home? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 23, 2015 at 11:55 AM

Bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 23, 2015 at 11:57 AM
4 moms liked this
Apologize for the name calling, tell her you're frustrated because you care about her and are worried for her health, and when she's ready to get help that you'll help her look up a program for her. Then don't bring it up again. Addicts don't change until they're reafy.
ZamilyMom
by Platinum Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 11:58 AM

I would have forwarded the text to your FIL and let him deal with it! He deserves to know.

RazzleMySpazz
by on Feb. 23, 2015 at 11:59 AM
The post says she apologized for calling her that.

Op: just ignore the drama and let it blow over.. Don't answer anymore of her calls

Or any calls while you've got a baby in the tub... If its important they'll call back.

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

Umm she rambles on and you yell F*^% Re*^rd and YOU dont feel you should apologize ? WOW !!!  You were wrong and if you were a mature person you'd own it. You could have easily just said good bye & hung up the phone.

TresHijas111825
by Gold Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 12:00 PM
You shouldn't have answered your phone at all. Once you did-you opened yourself up to needless frustration. She IS undoubtedly doing something wrong but you ALSO did something wrong. Apologize and move on. Don't answer when she calls and if the sound of the phone ringing bothers you-silence it. The world will still spin if you can't hear your phone for 15 minutes while you give your child a bath.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 23, 2015 at 12:02 PM
1 mom liked this
How does one explain buying drugs from a drug dealer. Sounds pretty self explanatory to me.

She is a drug addict. All she's going to do is ramble.

Cut her out.
Hanab818
by ThePonds on Feb. 23, 2015 at 12:02 PM
2 moms liked this

You should have just hung up. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)