Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

vaping while pregnant?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies
So I want to quit somoking cigarettes so I bought a vape pen. I'm 14 weeks pregnant and by 20 weeks I plan to be off nicotine all together. Thoughts, opinions , helpful tips?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 23, 2015 at 12:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Feb. 23, 2015 at 12:39 PM
I quit smoking cold turkey when pregnant.

Good luck!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 23, 2015 at 12:41 PM
I was told not to, I need to taper down and since I can't do that with cigs. I have to use the vape pen because I can control how much nicotine I'll be getting.

Quoting Danesmommy1: I quit smoking cold turkey when pregnant.

Good luck!
Reetz609
by Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 12:42 PM
I'm sorta doing the same thing but I'm concerned with it I'm seven weeks pregnant and I only do it when I really want a menthol. Is it safe to do it?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 23, 2015 at 12:43 PM
I'd say no considering all the chemicals they put in those things.

Your choice though.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 23, 2015 at 12:44 PM
It has 3 things in it. My friend owns the vape store and makes it.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I'd say no considering all the chemicals they put in those things.

Your choice though.
sdtoga
by on Feb. 23, 2015 at 12:44 PM
I found out I was pregnant at 3 weeks and continued smoking for a week. . . Then went to vaping until week 6 when my MS started and couldn't stand the smell... I hated smellimg anything really so I stopped.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 23, 2015 at 12:44 PM
1 mom liked this

Who told you not to quit cold turkey - I would find a new OB if that was the case.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I was told not to, I need to taper down and since I can't do that with cigs. I have to use the vape pen because I can control how much nicotine I'll be getting.
Quoting Danesmommy1: I quit smoking cold turkey when pregnant. Good luck!

Pixie.Hollow
by Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 12:45 PM
Congratulations on baby and quitting smoking!! You can keep lowering the mgs of nicotine to help. But i've noticed the longer I'm on the electronic I'm just using it less good luck!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 23, 2015 at 12:45 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes, it's got propaglycrine in it, veg. Oil and flavoring and nicotine, Way better then cigs

Quoting Reetz609: I'm sorta doing the same thing but I'm concerned with it I'm seven weeks pregnant and I only do it when I really want a menthol. Is it safe to do it?
sdtoga
by on Feb. 23, 2015 at 12:46 PM
I had 2 OBs tell me that quitting cold turkey could cause too much stress which could POSSIBLY cause more damage then smoking for 2 weeks... (they was talking about a possible miscarrige)

Quoting Anonymous 3:

Who told you not to quit cold turkey - I would find a new OB if that was the case.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I was told not to, I need to taper down and since I can't do that with cigs. I have to use the vape pen because I can control how much nicotine I'll be getting.

Quoting Danesmommy1: I quit smoking cold turkey when pregnant.

Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)