Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is anyone elses child as sick as mine?

Posted by on Feb. 23, 2015 at 1:08 PM
  • 2 Replies
My DD has been sick since December. She keeps getting infection, after infection, after infection. The last time I took her to the doctor she had strep, an ear infection, and pneumonia. The doctor gave her some pretty heavy duty antibiotics. She was doing ok while taking them, was able to go to school.Yesterday was the last round, and almost immediately she started running a 102 fever.Those antibiotics should have knocked any infection she had out. Why is my child still sick? Im obviously going to take her back to the doctor tomorrow, Im just worried that it might be leukemia or something. I can not keep her healthy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 23, 2015 at 1:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
AvocaLynn
by Bronze Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 1:10 PM

My ds has been catching anything and everything from school this year too. He had hand foot mouth, two different stomach flus,a regular flu and now they just called saying he has a fever and his hands look blue..fml :( 

amje
by Maynard's Bitch on Feb. 23, 2015 at 1:12 PM
My 5 kids have been sick for months. Me, too, of course. I've never been through a sick season this bad. Anyway, I wanted to tell you that antibiotics only kill bacterial infections. They wont prevent your child from getting sick with a virus.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)