Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fecking gobshite!

Posted by on Feb. 23, 2015 at 1:26 PM
  • 13 Replies

We're going to Dublin next week! Anyone ever been? 

by on Feb. 23, 2015 at 1:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jjames1990
by on Feb. 23, 2015 at 1:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Nope, here is a bump for ya!  Have a great time, I've always wanted to go.

ejkdmom
by Platinum Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 1:28 PM

We just went in November!  It was soooo cold.  But so wonderful!

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Feb. 23, 2015 at 1:28 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol, no. I'm jealous, have fun!
KiraLise
by Bronze Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 1:30 PM

We have a friend who is from Dublin say that is going to be wet and about 50. We're in a polar vortex where we are now, we say bring it on! Did you stay in the city?

Quoting ejkdmom:

blessed107
by Diamond Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 1:31 PM

No, have fun!

.Luna.
by on Feb. 23, 2015 at 1:32 PM
Awesome! No but I'd love to
KiraLise
by Bronze Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 1:34 PM

BUMP!

KiraLise
by Bronze Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 1:40 PM

Come onnnnn, where's da Irish folk?

ejkdmom
by Platinum Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 1:44 PM

I live in Las Vegas so the cold seems even colder to us!

We did stay in the city and it is so beautiful.  It was kinda surreal though.  We are Americans, and the UK really seemed to be like something from the backlot of Universal.  Kinda not real.  Small narrow streets, cobblestones, old buildings, not something you see here.  We ate at a pub that was like 1000 years old.  Can you imagine?

The people are very friendly and the food, oh my, they have pubs over there and everyone has stew that is so great.  Usually comes with 2 different potatoes.  So much food!  Did I mention the pubs?  And kids can go eat there too.

Quoting KiraLise:

We have a friend who is from Dublin say that is going to be wet and about 50. We're in a polar vortex where we are now, we say bring it on! Did you stay in the city?

Quoting ejkdmom:

KiraLise
by Bronze Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 1:49 PM

Mmmm, stew and taters! I've been told the first thing that you notice as an American in Europe is how everything is so much older than we're used to here. Sounds a lot like you are describing. Was it your first trip to Europe? It will be mine. 

Quoting ejkdmom:

I live in Las Vegas so the cold seems even colder to us!

We did stay in the city and it is so beautiful.  It was kinda surreal though.  We are Americans, and the UK really seemed to be like something from the backlot of Universal.  Kinda not real.  Small narrow streets, cobblestones, old buildings, not something you see here.  We ate at a pub that was like 1000 years old.  Can you imagine?

The people are very friendly and the food, oh my, they have pubs over there and everyone has stew that is so great.  Usually comes with 2 different potatoes.  So much food!  Did I mention the pubs?  And kids can go eat there too.

Quoting KiraLise:

Quoting ejkdmom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)