Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

And TODAY the school called BECAUSE...

Posted by on Feb. 23, 2015 at 1:53 PM
  • 107 Replies
2 moms liked this
We moved this weekend and DS' bed didn't get put together until today.

We got it from IKEA on Sunday. Dh was putting it together last night but it was missing a few pieces. He took it back today and it's all set up now.

Ds slept on the couch Saturday night and then camped out on my floor last night. He could have slept in bed with me but he wanted to sleep in his sleeping bag. He was totally fine with it. No more of the WHERE WILL I SLEEP shenanigans that he was trying to pull when we were living-which was mostly for attention anyway.

So this time his teacher calls-not the principal or nurse. She's like "So I heard you moved this weekend!"

And I was like "Yep. We needed a 3 bedroom. It's a nice place. We love it. Ds even jas the biggest room!" (it's like a foot bigger but further away from the nursery).

And shes like "I heard! I also heard he hasnt been able to sleep in it yet bc theres no bed. Is there a problem getting him a bed?"

OMFG. So I asked her if she had asked him why he didn't have a bed yet-trying to figure out if he was skewing things or if the school was being stupid again-big surprise-they were being stupid.

She says "He said 'hopefully I'll get to sleep in it tonight. I need a bed first."

Yes. That is correct. And he has a bed. It's being put together.

So she goes "ok. Because we can put you in touch with services that can get him a bed."

HE HAS A BED. IT NEEDS TO BE PUT TOGETHER.

What really gets me is that as often as they call and concerned as they seem to be...ive never had a visit from CPS. It honestly just seems like they're nosey. They call about so many stupid things. They see me and my husband ALL THE TIME. Why don't they ask us when we pick him up from school? Why not ask me when I'm volunteering? We're obviously not struggling-we donate to the school all the time. Better yet-why don't they just ask ds one or two more questions to clarify what he's saying? When he says "I need a bed first" why not ask "oh when are you getting your bed?" Bc then he would have said "I have it. It's being put together." And then the mystery would be solved.

Just a few more months and we're done with them. Just a few. That's what I keep telling myself.
by on Feb. 23, 2015 at 1:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lapcounter
by Race Mom on Feb. 23, 2015 at 1:55 PM
What a busy body.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AnonyMinnie
by on Feb. 23, 2015 at 1:56 PM

Oh wow, that would have steamed me good. Wtf?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 23, 2015 at 1:57 PM
1 mom liked this

you should have taught the 'teacher' how to have a correct conversation about things before jumping to conclusions that made her look like an ass...

spooky415
by Emerald Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 1:57 PM
Thy call over EVERYTHING.

They called bc he wasn't wearing the free coats they gave to all the students-the one I said I didn't need bc I donated money for the coats to the school and bought my kid a winter coat.

They called bc he ate his breakfast too fast-I just not feed him at home.

They called bc he are his lunch too slow-he must have stomach issues.

They called bc he had chapped lips in winter-he must have an all over body rash caused by strep.

I mean, it never fucking ends.

Quoting lapcounter: What a busy body.
spooky415
by Emerald Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 1:58 PM
I have asked them 100x to talk to my son before calling me. Like, he answers questions vaguely...but you can get an answer out of him if you follow up.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

you should have taught the 'teacher' how to have a correct conversation about things before jumping to conclusions that made her look like an ass...

spooky415
by Emerald Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 1:59 PM
They call me ALL THE TIME.

Quoting AnonyMinnie:

Oh wow, that would have steamed me good. Wtf?

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Feb. 23, 2015 at 1:59 PM
1 mom liked this
I would be furious.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 23, 2015 at 2:00 PM

then obviously they're idiots and don't know how to talk to kids...and just think, they're the ones' teaching your kids!!!

Quoting spooky415: I have asked them 100x to talk to my son before calling me. Like, he answers questions vaguely...but you can get an answer out of him if you follow up.
Quoting Anonymous 1:

spooky415
by Emerald Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 2:00 PM
I used to get worried. Like, I thought they thought I was negligent.

But if they really thought that, wouldn't they have called CPS by now?

I think they're just nosey.

Quoting MrsDavidB25: I would be furious.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 23, 2015 at 2:01 PM

Wow I'm so glad my son has a good teacher I could not handle a school like that getting all into our business for no reason.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)