Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is It THAT Bad That I

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies

Think that both my step father and my father in law are better role models than my biological father?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 23, 2015 at 2:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SamanthaSage
by on Feb. 23, 2015 at 2:01 PM

No, not at all. Why would you think it's bad?

Seagodess
by Emerald Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 2:02 PM

No. Thats just the way it works out sometimes. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 23, 2015 at 2:03 PM

I was raised with the belief that family is important. We also celebrated Father's Day every year.

Quoting SamanthaSage:

No, not at all. Why would you think it's bad?

janedoe13
by boxerdog lover on Feb. 23, 2015 at 2:06 PM

nope. just because a man can create a child does not mean that he is father material. 

readyforhim
by Emerald Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 2:07 PM

no, many people I have met over the years were better examples than my dad.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 23, 2015 at 2:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Hmm... that's true! Good point!

Quoting janedoe13:

nope. just because a man can create a child does not mean that he is father material. 

proud_mommy1212
by Bronze Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 2:10 PM
Nope, my mil is my role model, my bm isn't in my life because of the choices she's made when I was a teenager and wanting me to abort my son.
BrittCoryEm
by on Feb. 23, 2015 at 2:43 PM
I wouldn't feel bad! I was adopted by a wonderful couple that never once made me or my sister feel like we were. My adopted mother passed away 2 years ago after a horrible battle with cancer. My dad was absolutely devastated and would tell me constantly that he would never love or marry another woman. Well he met and married this wretched woman within a month and long story short he has completely changed. We have always been close and he was always there when i needed him no matter the situation but ever since he got married he has had absolutely nothing to do with me. He is NOT a father In my eyes anymore. My biological father was murdered when i was 5 so i never knew him. It hurts like hell and i would do anything to have my daddy back. My biggest fear was that everyone i loved would abandoned me like my biological mother did and he knew that and that fear has come true. Thankfully my fiancee's family is wonderful and treat me like a part of their family but its not the same but i am still grateful for them.
mojogirl
by Ouiser Boudreaux on Feb. 23, 2015 at 2:45 PM

no. just because he provided the sperm does not mean he should or will make the best father.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 23, 2015 at 2:48 PM

We all know the saying "blood is thicker than water", and it is true but only in a scientific sense.

I know more people who are worth more to me than my blood relations.  If something was to happen to me and my husband, my kids would go to friends instead of family.  Hell, family is specifically excluded from having custody of my kids in my will.

What you do makes you who you are, not whose blood you happen to share.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)