Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Call or Text first?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies

What would be the best way to begin to repair a friendship gone south?  Should I call or text first?  Not gonna deal with anything online, so don't suggest it. 

or a snail mail letter?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 23, 2015 at 2:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 23, 2015 at 2:05 PM

I would try calling to see if she wants to meet and talk.  If she ignores the call I would send a text and ask.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 23, 2015 at 2:07 PM
Text then call
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 23, 2015 at 2:07 PM
I think it just depends on what you feel comfortable with and how you normally communicated when you were friends.

I chose to text my friend because it's usually how we communicate. It's a lot easier for us to text than to make time for a phone call.

We started by texting then set up a time to meet up and discuss things in person.
owl0210
by Sapphire Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 2:08 PM
I would call.
BatmanWondaWomn
by on Feb. 23, 2015 at 2:08 PM
Call and see what happens.
Canadiana
by Platinum Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 2:08 PM

Completely depends on why the friendship went south.  But texting first is cowardly if it was your fault.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 23, 2015 at 2:09 PM

hmm...we did both a lot...probably spent more time on the phone, tho..texting would lead to calling

Quoting Anonymous 4: I think it just depends on what you feel comfortable with and how you normally communicated when you were friends. I chose to text my friend because it's usually how we communicate. It's a lot easier for us to text than to make time for a phone call. We started by texting then set up a time to meet up and discuss things in person.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 23, 2015 at 2:10 PM

it was a difference of opinions and we were both in a place in our lives when we couldn't help each other, emotionally or physically...no one's fault, really..

Quoting Canadiana:

Completely depends on why the friendship went south.  But texting first is cowardly if it was your fault.

misskriss10
by Ruby Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 2:10 PM

I would probably call and if they don't answer then I would send a text. 

squeekers
by squeekers on Feb. 23, 2015 at 2:11 PM
I would snail mail to her but no return address on the outside. Tell her your feelings. Then the ball is in her court and it's up to her. If she chooses to reach out & work on friendship repair, ok. You'll have make the first step.
Good luck. 🍀
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)