Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

PISSED!! UPDATE: NEW DEVELOPMENT

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies

so I'm basically posting the story my friend told me today, if i were in her position i would be furious..

okay so she is trying to get her son medicaid because he has a lot of medical problems and they need a second insurance to pay for it. They already know they qualify etc etc.

SO she has to take this paper to her work and have HR fill it out and sign it. it says right on the top that an HR rep MUST fill it out. well, her HR rep is refusing to do it. he said that she has to fill it out and he will sign it. Well the first question says something like, does your employer offer health care benefits? she only works one or two days a week and doesnt qualify so she checked the no box and gave it to the HR guy. he said, im sorry but we do OFFER benefits, you just dont qualify, so you have to change it before i sign it. well the rest of the questions are like, what is your deductable, and how much comes out of your check, etc etc. so none of them apply to her. but the HR guy still wont sign it. she doesnt know what the heck to do.

she called the medicaid people and they said she filled it out right. but the HR guy still wont sign it. then to top it all off she asked for his supervisors email or phone number and he straight up lied to her and gave her the wrong name. she knows it because there used to be a different HR person and she got the email from them before

UPDATE: so she went behind his back and got the number for his real supervisor and when she talked to the original HR guy he got really pissed and was being condecending. finally she just told him, look, the next time i ask for your supervisors phone number and you lie to me, i am going to file a formal complaint.

well, he freaked out and told her "no. you dont get to walk into my office and threaten me. you are replaceable. (then laughed and said) in fact, go ahead and file a complaint because all they are going to do is tell the store manager who is going to "talk" to me about it and then everything will be fine. you on the other hand, will find yourself looking for a new job"

she told me that her, her son (who is young) and the HR guy were the only ones in the office and she has no way to prove anything he said. she said he made her feel like she might as well quit her job because he is going to treat her however he wants and there is nothing she can do about it.

what a douche.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 23, 2015 at 2:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
barnowl73
by on Feb. 23, 2015 at 2:47 PM
This will go well.
MarriedYoung
by Silver Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 2:50 PM
So why not ask someone else for a higher up hr person's number?
owl0210
by Sapphire Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 2:52 PM
Your friend's story, huh?
BekahBrownEyes
by on Feb. 23, 2015 at 2:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Then she needs to go to HER supervisor and inform that person that the HR dickhead won't do his job.She should also request the correct contact information for the HR supervisor/manager. Government forms must be completed as stated not how the H.R. jerk wants to. As for the question regarding if they offer benefits, I believe she answered correctly because for her they do not offer benefits. There's no specific question that asks if you simply don't qualify for employer benefits. He should know that government forms are ass backwards like that. She really needs to get HER manager involved, because it's not right for the H.R. dick to refuse to do his job. He knows he fucked up, he wouldn't have given her a fake number/email otherwise.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 23, 2015 at 4:37 PM

she did, i just updated

Quoting MarriedYoung: So why not ask someone else for a higher up hr person's number?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 23, 2015 at 4:37 PM

yeah, she doesnt have a car so i had to drive her

Quoting owl0210: Your friend's story, huh?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 23, 2015 at 4:39 PM

well thats what she was trying to do. there is only one HR rep at that building so she had to get the contact info from him and he lied. she ended up going to the store manager and he gave her the info, i updated what happened after that

Quoting BekahBrownEyes: Then she needs to go to HER supervisor and inform that person that the HR dickhead won't do his job.She should also request the correct contact information for the HR supervisor/manager. Government forms must be completed as stated not how the H.R. jerk wants to. As for the question regarding if they offer benefits, I believe she answered correctly because for her they do not offer benefits. There's no specific question that asks if you simply don't qualify for employer benefits. He should know that government forms are ass backwards like that. She really needs to get HER manager involved, because it's not right for the H.R. dick to refuse to do his job. He knows he fucked up, he wouldn't have given her a fake number/email otherwise.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 23, 2015 at 4:42 PM
Who pays for the primary insurance? Why does she only work 2 days a week?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 23, 2015 at 4:43 PM

She needs to contact corporate and/or her states' labor commission, and file a complaint through Corporate HR and or her state. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 23, 2015 at 4:44 PM

her husband. 

idk why she only works two days a week, i've never asked

Quoting Anonymous 2: Who pays for the primary insurance? Why does she only work 2 days a week?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)