Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

she got a 2 period inhouse suspension today

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies

in house  suspension is like detention except its during school.   I'm not sure how i feel about it.  she got into an argument with some boy in her class. he decided to start calling her names and she called him some back and then when she thought it was over he came over and dumped apple sauce on her head.  she says she resisted the urge to break his nose and just threw apple sauce back at him. the name calling started in gym but the apple sauce was in lunch.  She missed 2 classes over apple sauce. 

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 23, 2015 at 2:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wamom223
by Platinum Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 2:54 PM

I just don't like how the schools deal with issues like this at all.  In real life if two people get into a fight the only person going to jail barring other circumstances is the one that started it.  I'm not saying your daughter was right but I don't think sitting there taking that shit would be okay either.

owl0210
by Sapphire Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 2:55 PM
pork chops and apple sauce...
vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Feb. 23, 2015 at 2:55 PM
What punishment did the boy get?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 23, 2015 at 2:57 PM

I would be severely unhappy and in the office to discuss the unbelievable mishandling on their part.

xoch86
by Platinum Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 2:57 PM

I wouldn't fight it.. What did she do to stop the fight.. Was a teacher involved, etc..

this si why we teach or kids to speak up, and if that fails, I would have encouraged my child to break his nose. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 23, 2015 at 2:59 PM

Quoting wamom223:

I just don't like how the schools deal with issues like this at all.  In real life if two people get into a fight the only person going to jail barring other circumstances is the one that started it.  I'm not saying your daughter was right but I don't think sitting there taking that shit would be okay either.

i'm glad she didnt punch him but i don't expect her to just take it either.so i'm not mad but damm 2 classes.  he was not given inhouse but was reprimanded.  the note said he dumped it on her head and she threw it in his face.  a teacher did see her throw it.  Im hoping they didnt give him in house today because they wanted to keep them seperated and he's getting it tomorrow. i guess we'll see.

MommyHuman
by Platinum Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 2:59 PM

Both of them did not act right,  but the other kid took to assult by dumping applesauce on her. She did not deserve the detention, applesauce boy did.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 23, 2015 at 3:00 PM

Quoting vegaswife2011: What punishment did the boy get?

he was reprimanded in front of her when she was first yelled at.  he was then in class while she had the inhouse. i have no idea if any other punishment was given to him. 

wamom223
by Platinum Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 3:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Wait, he started it and was only reprimanded while she was suspended because some how throwing it in his face is worse than pouring it over her head?

As my MIL would say it is time to go into that school and let mama bear out the cage, and she was a teacher for a long time.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting wamom223:

i'm glad she didnt punch him but i don't expect her to just take it either.so i'm not mad but damm 2 classes.  he was not given inhouse but was reprimanded.  the note said he dumped it on her head and she threw it in his face.  a teacher did see her throw it.  Im hoping they didnt give him in house today because they wanted to keep them seperated and he's getting it tomorrow. i guess we'll see.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 23, 2015 at 3:04 PM
I would be livid! Especially if she's the only one who got "in school suspension" and he just got reprimanded. That's unacceptable imo.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)