Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I come from a humongous family

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 22 Replies
1 mom liked this
I have 10 siblings. Dh has 9 siblings. We decided not to have bio kids. We did adopt a beautiful little boy and are in the process of giving him a sibling.

Our parents contributed enough in populating this earth lol, we just felt like adding on would be selfish.

This is *OUR* decision. I don't mind if other couples choose to have large or small families. Everyone has the right to choose. I feel like we did the absolute correct thing in adopting.

Just to give you all an idea of how enormous our families .... On my side alone, I have 29 nieces and nephews, and well over 60 (that I know of) first cousins.

Yikes! Lol
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 23, 2015 at 2:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
janedoe13
by boxerdog lover on Feb. 23, 2015 at 2:53 PM

yikes that is a huge family. congrats on your ds. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 23, 2015 at 2:54 PM
It is! Lol and thanks:)

Quoting janedoe13:

yikes that is a huge family. congrats on your ds. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 23, 2015 at 2:54 PM
I hear that. I'm one of 11. DH is only 1 of 5. We only have 1 child (biological) and that is all we plan on.

But I don't have that many nieces and nephews. Between the two of us there are 5 nieces and 3 nephews.
livingforthem83
by on Feb. 23, 2015 at 2:54 PM
I have a big family. My mom is 1 of 8 and my dad is 1 of 10. I have numerous amounts of cousins. I chose to have 5 kids because I like big families.
PacMan80
by Ruby Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 2:55 PM

Wow.  I can't even imagine.  I have a small family.  I'm an only child.  My mom's an only child too.  My dad has 1 bro & 1 sis.  DH only has 1 bro and he'll probably never get married.  I'll probably never be an aunt and my kids will have no first cousins.

alexsmomma06
by Ruby Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 2:55 PM

I come from a huge family. My mom is one of 10. My dad is one of 10. I have 40 some first cousins, 60 some second cousins, just on my moms side. I have no clue about my dads side. 

DH comes from a super small family. His mom, dad, and one of his grandmothers are all only children. He has no aunts, no uncles, and no first cousins. 

I think it's awesome that you decided to adopt! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 23, 2015 at 2:56 PM
I like big families too. Our extended family is very tight knit. Hopefully, we would adopt maybe 2 more before I turn 40.

Quoting livingforthem83: I have a big family. My mom is 1 of 8 and my dad is 1 of 10. I have numerous amounts of cousins. I chose to have 5 kids because I like big families.
AutumnRunner
by Silver Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 2:57 PM

On just my fathers side I am #96 out of 98 first cousins. 

lauren.m
by Ruby Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 2:58 PM
I have 4 family members. I have 5 kids :) I wanted my kids to always have family.
mona165
by Silver Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 2:59 PM
That's like my family, except a younger version, meaning my family only has 2 niece's, which are my daughters, and 5 nephews.... my dad has 13 siblings, mostly 10 brothers and 3 sisters, and my mom has 9 sisters and 3 brothers. Each of my uncles and aunts has atleast 4-8 kids, but all those kids are barely starting to have kids of their own. And yes everyone is from the same mother and father.

My husband has 15 siblings, but that's because his mom has 3 different baby's father, and his dad also has 3 different women as his baby's mother. And all his sisters and brothers, and cousins and uncles all have more than 1 sexual partner who they had kids with...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)