Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

You wouldn't date a man with kids? Don't you have kids?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 64 Replies
1 mom liked this

Wouldn't that make you a hypocrite?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 23, 2015 at 3:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cbreland07
by CranioMama on Feb. 23, 2015 at 3:19 PM
2 moms liked this
No.. It makes you a woman that doesn't want a blended family. There are men with kids that don't want a woman with kids.
Ps, I'm married, so it's not really relevant to me
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 23, 2015 at 3:22 PM
both dh and I new what we were getting our selfs into. He had a kid and I have a kid. Both from previous relationship. My husband thinks it's hot that I had a kid.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 23, 2015 at 3:23 PM

No, of course not.

It means you are making good or better choices.

I was a divorced mom and I wouldn't even date men with children.  I turned down quite a few men for almost 5 years until I found the perfect one.  We have been married now for 15 years and he's the greatest thing ever. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 23, 2015 at 3:25 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol, they don't want the possible baby momma drama or the man giving someone else any attention- it is completely unacceptable as the man must be invested in them and their children and only them and their children
Buuuuut the man better be okay with possible baby daddy drama or else he's a loser douche canoe. Lmfao.
KiraLise
by Bronze Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 3:25 PM
1 mom liked this

I can understand not wanting to date someone with kids. It's complications up the wazoo.

amandaeastman
by Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 3:26 PM

No it doesn't it make you cautious... If my now husband had kids with his ex OMG! what a roller coaster that would've been. It was bad enough she wouldn't let go with out any kids. I can imagine what it would have been like if they did have children together. 

save the date

save the date

Listia where there is lots free visit me!!!

Mrs.Velasquez
by on Feb. 23, 2015 at 3:27 PM

Quoting Cbreland07: No.. It makes you a woman that doesn't want a blended family. There are men with kids that don't want a woman with kids.
Ps, I'm married, so it's not really relevant to me
ZombieMeat37
by on Feb. 23, 2015 at 3:28 PM
I wouldn't have an issue with him having children because kids would never be a part of our relationship. I would never marry again, so involving kids is pointless. There is less drama as well.
It's not hypocritical, though.
TexanMomOf6
by Platinum Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 3:29 PM
People have the right to set their own standards.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 23, 2015 at 3:30 PM
It's a challenge dating a man with a child. I'm currently doing this and if this relationship doesn't work out I won't date a guy with kids again. His son is adorable but so much more goes into this type of situation beyond the kids involved.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)