Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HEAD LICE! UPDATE!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 44 Replies

So I went to pick up my kids and the nurse said my son had nits but no bugs. But he had massive amount of dandruff also. So I bring him home and scrub his head with head and shoulders and blowdry his hair. I cannot for the life of me find anything but dandruff.

how do they differ? lice and dandruff?

update

so I had him scrub his hair with head and shoulders and then I blowed dried his hair. Then I rechecked his hair AGAIN. I think I found some nits *small brownish things that was connected to the hair shaft* so I clipped his hair short at home *we have our own clippers* and scrubbed his head AGAIN and blowed dried it and use one of those metal combs. I checked my dd's hair *she has long blond hair* and my other sons hair and nothing there but i still didnt find any bugs maybe just some nits

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 23, 2015 at 4:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 23, 2015 at 4:48 PM

The nits attach to the hair shaft, near the scalp. usually worse behind the ears and at the nape of the neck.  They are attached and don't just flake off like dandruff.  Actual lice are pretty easy to spot.  They crawl.  *Shudder*

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 23, 2015 at 4:50 PM

thats the odd thing

she said she found no bugs just nits.

and the place she said she found the nits is where he didnt get all the shampoo out of his hair.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

The nits attach to the hair shaft, near the scalp. usually worse behind the ears and at the nape of the neck.  They are attached and don't just flake off like dandruff.  Actual lice are pretty easy to spot.  They crawl.  *Shudder*

AddictiveSide
by Don't worry-be happy on Feb. 23, 2015 at 4:51 PM
They are pretty similar. Has he always had a dandruff issue?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 23, 2015 at 4:52 PM

That's just gross. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 23, 2015 at 4:53 PM

yes

his hair is uber thick. Normally we keep it short but he wanted to grow it out a little longer so we let him. but he is going to get it cut tomorrow

Quoting AddictiveSide: They are pretty similar. Has he always had a dandruff issue?

djamommyoftwo
by on Feb. 23, 2015 at 4:55 PM
How old is he?
My ss is 6 and I still help him wash his hair, because he doesn't get all the soap out when he washes it and sometimes he would just wet his hair and say he washed it.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

thats the odd thing

and the place she said she found the nits is where he didnt get all the shampoo out of his hair.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

AddictiveSide
by Don't worry-be happy on Feb. 23, 2015 at 4:55 PM
Try washing his hair twice with the dandruff shampoo. The first round, leave it in for 15-20 min.
If it still doesn't go away, you might need medicated.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

yes

his hair is uber thick. Normally we keep it short but he wanted to grow it out a little longer so we let him. but he is going to get it cut tomorrow

Quoting AddictiveSide: They are pretty similar. Has he always had a dandruff issue?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 23, 2015 at 4:57 PM

He is nine almost ten *will be in June*

Quoting djamommyoftwo: How old is he? My ss is 6 and I still help him wash his hair, because he doesn't get all the soap out when he washes it and sometimes he would just wet his hair and say he washed it.
Quoting Anonymous 1:

thats the odd thing

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 23, 2015 at 5:00 PM

Get him a crew cut and wash his hair more often. A kid should not have that much dandruff at that age. His hair must be filthy anyway. How often does he bathe?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 23, 2015 at 5:02 PM

you do realize that lice love clean hair right?

i am not thrilled but i am not convinced that it is head lice

Quoting Anonymous 3:

That's just gross. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)