Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My husband treats me like a child..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 259 Replies
2 moms liked this
I'm a SAHM and we have two kids together. I'm getting tired of him treating me like a child. It's like every time I go out somewhere for like a couple hours or so to myself.. He tells me "how can I be out in the stores for all these hours.. And blah blah blah" it kinda feels like he's giving me a time limit to be out. I could be on my phone and he tells me " what do you do on your phone all day? Why is that so important?... Blah blah blah". I can't be on my phone without him making a comment or giving me these stupid looking stares! He then tells me he's gonna shut off my phone.😡 i have a tattoo, I love tattoos by the way.. He on the other hand HATES tattoos! I told him about me looking at some tattoos and I wanted to get a tattoo of our girls and he tells me " your not getting NO tattoo, especially not with MY money!" And he tells me all the other times that it's OUR money.. But just because I want a tattoo.. It's now HIS money. Sometimes I think to myself.. How did I marry this guy and not think it through?" I feel like he's very controlling.. I'm getting to the point where I just want to pack up me and my kids stuff and leave. The stuff that I posted isn't the only things he's doing, but every time we get into an argument.. He put me down, basically he's mentally abusive. He told me before " without me you wouldn't have a pot to piss in" and that hurt my feelings.. I didn't ask to Stay home, I wanted to work and get my career going. I seriously don't know how I put up with him. He is a loving father though.. I wouldn't change that about him. I don't know what to do ladies..*sigh*
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 23, 2015 at 5:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 23, 2015 at 5:09 PM
1 mom liked this
Do you have access to any of the money he makes?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 23, 2015 at 5:09 PM
No.. I have to ask him for it. All he gave me was a credit card but no access to bank accounts.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Do you have access to any of the money he makes?
AddictiveSide
by Don't worry-be happy on Feb. 23, 2015 at 5:10 PM
14 moms liked this
I guess you better get that job for yourself and while you're "shopping" look for a place to live.
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Feb. 23, 2015 at 5:10 PM
4 moms liked this
Start your career back up.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 23, 2015 at 5:11 PM
5 moms liked this
I don't put up with the "my money" thing. We did counseling and all of that, but things never changed. He was also verbally abusive. I left.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 23, 2015 at 5:12 PM
2 moms liked this
Why no access to the accounts? That's financial abuse.

Quoting Anonymous 1: No.. I have to ask him for it. All he gave me was a credit card but no access to bank accounts.

ame85
by Chemistry cat on Feb. 23, 2015 at 5:12 PM
21 moms liked this
So, do you want to be miserable for the next 20-30 years? That's what it boils down to.

You have 3 choices:

1. Leave.
2. Give him an ultimatum- counseling or you're gone.
3. Suffer.

Generally, abuse doesn't get better. And though he's a loving father now, he may start treating your children the way he treats you.

Honestly, if I were you, I'd be looking for a job.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 23, 2015 at 5:12 PM
I have to go to college.. I don't even have money for that. 😐

Quoting MrsDavidB25: Start your career back up.
alexsmomaubrys2
by on Feb. 23, 2015 at 5:13 PM
1 mom liked this
In that situation I'd insist on marriage counseling but I would also get a job or go back to school.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 23, 2015 at 5:14 PM
his oldest son (from another marriage) has the debit card.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Why no access to the accounts? That's financial abuse.

Quoting Anonymous 1: No.. I have to ask him for it. All he gave me was a credit card but no access to bank accounts.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)