Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Thoughts on this situation?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies

Recess was held in the gym and they play board games due to the weather today. John and Tony were playing Connect Four. The game was over and John was picking up the game and putting back in the box. Tony gets up and gets on Johns back.John is squirming and telling him to get off his back. The duty teacher looks over and gives them both a demerit and they have to sit on the wall and do nothing the rest of the week during recess. Do you feel the punishment fits?  Should both boys be punished? 

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 23, 2015 at 6:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
vamaria
by Gold Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 6:15 PM

No.

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Feb. 23, 2015 at 6:16 PM
1 mom liked this
No. Johnny got the shaft.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 23, 2015 at 6:16 PM
No
Ashgambit
by Boomstick on Feb. 23, 2015 at 6:16 PM
No, Tony should be punished. Is this really a question?
motherofzandz
by Gold Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 6:17 PM

If this exactly how it went, no doesnt seem fair. But my bet is the boys were playing a rough housing together. Boys will be boys and its hard for me to imagine they werent both goofying off. 

KenneMaw
by Ruby Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 6:19 PM

This sounds like a weird word problem in school.   Tony is definitely at fault, but nowdays, it is rare for a teacher to punish only 1 child.   From her stand point, she may not have known who started it or it could have seemed like John was rough-housign too.   Unfortunately, unless you were there to witness what happened, you just need to roll with this punch.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 23, 2015 at 6:20 PM
I agree with this.

If it was my kid I would tell him to do the punishment and to find better friends if he wants to stay out of trouble.

Quoting motherofzandz:

If this exactly how it went, no doesnt seem fair. But my bet is the boys were playing a rough housing together. Boys will be boys and its hard for me to imagine they werent both goofying off. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 23, 2015 at 6:22 PM
No
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 23, 2015 at 7:46 PM

bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)