Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Formula is $30/can?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 116 Replies

I just learned name brand baby formula is something like $25-30/can?!  If that is right, then...Wow - between two kids looks like breastfeeding saved us about $3,000 between two kids.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 23, 2015 at 6:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 23, 2015 at 6:42 PM
Yeah it's expensive. I was pretty glad when ds didn't need it anymore.
thetrollcat
by on Feb. 23, 2015 at 6:42 PM

yikes

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 23, 2015 at 6:42 PM

It's more than that here.  

mrsrodgers0703
by Emerald Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 6:44 PM
Depending on what kind you get. With my oldest I used similac isomil and it was about $16 a can and $22 for a big tub. Some certain kinds like similac ailmentum are like $30 for the regular cans.
livingforthem83
by on Feb. 23, 2015 at 6:44 PM
Yep, and that a small can of Enfamil or Similac. I always bought off brand. The same price but a bigger can.
HippieMomma08
by Silver Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 6:44 PM
Yea it's a bitch.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 23, 2015 at 6:45 PM

That is why people should not have kids they cannot afford(if they want to formula feed).  It is a disgrace how they keep formula behind lock and key today because there has been a rise in people stealing it.  I know that telling people to be financially smart on here tends to lead to bashing, but oh well

eadyT
by on Feb. 23, 2015 at 6:46 PM
Yikes!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 23, 2015 at 6:46 PM
Yep! I'm so, so, so glad breastfeeding worked out so well for me and my babies! We saved around 9,000.00 for our 5 babies by exclusively bfing! Not to mention I gag at the smell of formula! I've babsat ffd babies and that stuff stinks bad!!!
JjcH0911
by Platinum Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 6:47 PM
1 mom liked this
I breastfed my last, but couldn't do it long because she wasn't gaining any weight, and was losing, and becoming way past her birth weight. We tried numerous things to help her, but we had to switch to formula.. I had to pay almost 40$ per can for her formula, and then a few months ago, we were able to switch her to a 31$ a can formula.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)