Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HELP ...Quicken Loans!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies

I need to find out as much as possible about Quicken Loans. 

Have you ever talked to them about refinancing your morgage?

Have you refinaced your morgage with them? 

Were/are you happy with the company? The loan officer?

Did you get appropriate interest rates(don't need to tell me what they are)? 

I'm asking because my husband has talked to them a couple times in the past month ....mind you I am the one who has always done this kind of thing for our family(got the info,talked to the loan officer,etc... so it is new for him to be doing it and no him doing so is not the problem) It's just that some of what he is telling me the loan officer is saying to him and telling him he would need to do either doesn't sound right or I know is not right. 

I kust want to find out from others who either work for Quicken Loans or have dealt with them as much as I can. Thanks.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 23, 2015 at 7:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AddictiveSide
by Don't worry-be happy on Feb. 23, 2015 at 7:22 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 23, 2015 at 7:25 PM
My husband works for quicken loans What is he telling you that you think doesn't sound right?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 23, 2015 at 7:34 PM

Quoting Anonymous 2: My husband works for quicken loans What is he telling you that you think doesn't sound right?

First he is being told that he doesn't and shouldn't keep my name on the morgage....no reason on our end not to but,the loan officer is telling my husband he should do it without me on the refinaced loan.

Then the loan officer is telling my husband that he also has to redo the deed for the house when he does the refi and to take my name off of the deed. 

Now he has also told my husband that there would not need to be an appraisal and today told him there would be and is trying to get him to use his va eligibility.

The problem and concerns that I have are that my husband thinks that because this guy is the loan officer that he knows what he is talking about and this is what husband should being doing if we refi.

lemondrop86
by Bronze Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 7:42 PM
2 moms liked this

My neice was buying her first home and they talked to a different customer service reps everytime.. it was very --hard to get strait answers..they were oringinally told they would need 7-10 thousand to close by the time it was all said and done it was 23 to close.. try to deal with one person and make sure they give strait answers.. Best of luck...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 23, 2015 at 7:45 PM
He's trying to get you approved the best way possible. Is your credit really bad? Yours, not your husband's. Va might be the best way to go. If you're already on the deed you have to be on the deed again but you would not need to be on the loan.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting Anonymous 2: My husband works for quicken loans What is he telling you that you think doesn't sound right?

First he is being told that he doesn't and shouldn't keep my name on the morgage....no reason on our end not to but,the loan officer is telling my husband he should do it without me on the refinaced loan.

Then the loan officer is telling my husband that he also has to redo the deed for the house when he does the refi and to take my name off of the deed. 

Now he has also told my husband that there would not need to be an appraisal and today told him there would be and is trying to get him to use his va eligibility.

The problem and concerns that I have are that my husband thinks that because this guy is the loan officer that he knows what he is talking about and this is what husband should being doing if we refi.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 23, 2015 at 7:53 PM

No my credit is not bad. We both have similar scores and mine in the recent past was actually the higher one. I don't want to use the VA due to the fact that we have talked about keeping it to have when we buy a forever home...this one is not that one. 

Quoting Anonymous 2: He's trying to get you approved the best way possible. Is your credit really bad? Yours, not your husband's. Va might be the best way to go. If you're already on the deed you have to be on the deed again but you would not need to be on the loan.
Quoting Anonymous 1:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 23, 2015 at 8:48 PM

BUMP!

nancym3
by Gold Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 8:52 PM
VA entitlement can be used more than once. There's 2 tiers. It can also be restored. It's not a one time deal and you can't use it again. :)

Quoting Anonymous 1:

No my credit is not bad. We both have similar scores and mine in the recent past was actually the higher one. I don't want to use the VA due to the fact that we have talked about keeping it to have when we buy a forever home...this one is not that one. 

Quoting Anonymous 2: He's trying to get you approved the best way possible. Is your credit really bad? Yours, not your husband's. Va might be the best way to go. If you're already on the deed you have to be on the deed again but you would not need to be on the loan.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 23, 2015 at 8:54 PM
I was going to refi through them but i felt like they kept changing what they told us.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 23, 2015 at 8:58 PM
Sounds like your hubby is trying to kick you out lol jk.

Idk but I wouldn't trust them
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)