Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you be mad?

Posted by on Feb. 23, 2015 at 7:41 PM
  • 5 Replies
I had a beautiful baby girl Lillian Grace 6 weeks ago. I have 5 sisters(2 by marriage). Anyway only 1 has been over to visit my daughter. My one sister is in Antarctica so she has an excuse. But the rest are close. My oldest sister said she was coming to visit and never showed up never called or anything. I sent her a text on Valentine's day just saying hi and seeing how her boys are. She responded but never asked about my girls. My mil said asked sil both if they were going to visit. Apparently they are not interested. I'm so hurt. Would you be mad? Should I say something? It's eating me up inside. I would never do that to any of them.
by on Feb. 23, 2015 at 7:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 23, 2015 at 7:42 PM
My inlaws did that to me, so I returned the favor.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 23, 2015 at 7:42 PM
No but I understand others lives don't revolve around my spawns.
alldaymommy
by Bronze Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 7:48 PM
My sister is the same. Makes no effort what so ever but will make multiple comments on his pictures on Facebook.
lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 7:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Congrats on your new DD. I wouldn't be mad I would be hurt. I wouldnt say a damn thing to them.  I would distance myself and be happy with my beautiful baby girl. You cant force people to care.

JulyBabies
by Platinum Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 7:53 PM

We are a very close knit family and I can't even comprehend how someone could do that to their siblings. They should want to be there. I left my house in the middle of the night and drove hours to see my niece as soon as she was born. I can definitely see how you would be hurt which would lead to being mad. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)