Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He HIT me ....and I just let him go.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 1 Replies

Because it's just not worth ruining someones day over. 

I was backing out of the grocery store parking lot and I'm always SUPER careful to look before I do that and lo and behold I hear a THUNK! 

At first I thought it was MY fault but then I realized it couldn't be my fault, I looked, and then there IS a small dent under my rear light but to be quite honest I just didnt see it as THAT big of a deal. Now if he had broken my light then he would have had to pay for it but it's really just SUCH a small dent.

So HE hit ME.

I let him go. 

There's no reason to ruin someone's day or make their insurance go up. 

He looked pretty scared too like I was going to try and get his insurance info and sue him or something. I mean, I am pregnant and my kid was in the car and technically if you go more than 3 miles an hour your carseat needs to be replaced and I think we were going 3-5 backing out. So if you THINK about it and I was an asshole, I could have gotten ourselves at least a couple hundred. 

But there's no reason to be an asshole.

And that's my PSA for the day!

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 23, 2015 at 9:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 23, 2015 at 9:17 PM

I got hit today, too. We had a bunch of snow and I left to go get my kid from school, and had my daughter in the car. I was waiting to turn left and this woman came barreling around the corner, too fast and too wide. She clipped the rear bumper on the driver's side. I didn't ask for insurance info or anything either, my vehicle is fine and my daughter and I are fine.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)