Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

really need tips on weaning

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies
My dd is 14 mons and i just went on a trip where i was away from her for 4 days. During the 4 days she was with her dad and she was great and slept through the night 8pm-7:30 hardley fussed at all. When i got home she became a mess and wanted nothing to do with the bottle. Shes been crying so much. I ended up nursing her to sleep and today all she wants is boob. idk what to do and any advice is welcomed. I will continue to pump for her(because she wants nothing to do with cows milk) but i cant continue to nurse her.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 23, 2015 at 9:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 23, 2015 at 9:38 PM
StephMosDef
by Silver Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 9:39 PM
Bump for ya. Im trying to wean my 18mos old. I feel your pain
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 23, 2015 at 9:41 PM
Thank you.

Quoting StephMosDef: Bump for ya. Im trying to wean my 18mos old. I feel your pain
AngelLovingLife
by Silver Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 9:41 PM
Cut down one daily feeding per week until you are no longer nursing. Distract her during feeding times.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
michal6
by Silver Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 9:42 PM

Yeah, my 19 mo is still going strong.  He's allergic to cow's milk so I think that is part of the problem.  My daughter wouldn't take a cup of milk from me when she knew I could nurse her, so when we were weaning my husband has to be the one to give her the cup and I had to be out of reach.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 23, 2015 at 9:43 PM
Try putting it in a sippy cup. She might like that better. Plus there won't be nipple confusion.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 23, 2015 at 9:44 PM
As far as my experience goes you either let them self wean or it sucks. With my second I got pregnant and couldnt continue to feed a baby while making a baby. So I weaned him at 19mo and he wasn't too happy about it. With the third I sent her to my mom's for 3 days and when she came home it took all of dh's strength to keep me from nursing her. As attached as she is she'd probably still be nursing at almost 3. It was too draining on me though. I weaned her just after age 2.
I wish I could help more.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 23, 2015 at 9:47 PM
I stopped cold turkey and I don't recommend that, it was uncomfortable.
firespurity
by on Feb. 23, 2015 at 9:48 PM
She's power nursing in response to stress. If she wasn't like this before it will fade out. Weaning should be gradual. Dropping one feeding a week will be the easiest. Obviously most kids have a feeding range (like 6-7 times a day) so just work on the average. The easiest to stop will be the day time feedings. Replace freaks with a new activity.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 23, 2015 at 10:19 PM
Thanks to the responses.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)