Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

when did you

Posted by on Feb. 23, 2015 at 10:31 PM
  • 27 Replies
Set up your babys nursery? Like build the furniture, put on the linens, and so on? When did you install the car seat or base? Just wondering, I have 12 weeks left and I want to have it ready, but not too soon because of dust. What about your hospital bag? I tend to go two weeks early and I remember it being a mad dash to get things done while in labor and my husband did the rest while I was in the hospital. Trying to avoid that this time.
by on Feb. 23, 2015 at 10:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
that_mom_mary
by on Feb. 23, 2015 at 10:34 PM
Bump
that_mom_mary
by on Feb. 23, 2015 at 10:36 PM
Bump
ame85
by Chemistry cat on Feb. 23, 2015 at 10:38 PM
I packed my bag early on so I wouldn't forget anything. The nursery can be done whenever, neither infant slept in their own bed for the first few weeks.

And the car seats were installed the day I went to the hospital. No reason to do it earlier, but then again I had scheduled csections so that made it easier.
RocknRoll.Rose
by Ruby Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 10:38 PM
I didn't set things up until after I recovered from the birth. I wasn't 100% sure I was keeping them until after they were born and I didn't want to come home after giving them up to a decorated nursery.
that_mom_mary
by on Feb. 23, 2015 at 10:41 PM
I wanted to take the van to the state trooper building and have the certified install person do the base.

Quoting ame85: I packed my bag early on so I wouldn't forget anything. The nursery can be done whenever, neither infant slept in their own bed for the first few weeks.

And the car seats were installed the day I went to the hospital. No reason to do it earlier, but then again I had scheduled csections so that made it easier.
kmeow
by Ruby Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 10:43 PM
Wellll, my daughter is seven months old and I still haven't set up the nursery. Total fail, but she just hangs out with us all the time so there's no point. We did install the car seat though! When I was forty weeks. Also, we didn't have a hospital bag. I'm a total slacker.
that_mom_mary
by on Feb. 23, 2015 at 10:43 PM
Very true. I know I'm keeping her though and don't want to be last minute again.

Quoting RocknRoll.Rose: I didn't set things up until after I recovered from the birth. I wasn't 100% sure I was keeping them until after they were born and I didn't want to come home after giving them up to a decorated nursery.
that_mom_mary
by on Feb. 23, 2015 at 10:45 PM
Lol I don't make it to 40 weeks, I have a bassinet that is in my room, but I want her to like her crib so I'll use it for naps.

Quoting kmeow: Wellll, my daughter is seven months old and I still haven't set up the nursery. Total fail, but she just hangs out with us all the time so there's no point. We did install the car seat though! When I was forty weeks. Also, we didn't have a hospital bag. I'm a total slacker.
katcb1019
by Gold Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 10:45 PM
Car seats were installed right before leaving the hospital. Probably the morning of release. The nursery I started getting things ready about 3 wks before.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.PinkSunshine.
by on Feb. 23, 2015 at 10:46 PM

Week 38

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)