Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are they golden retrievers or not?!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 38 Replies

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

I'm a bit confused.
My friend has two dogs that are golden retriever lab mixes.
I was told they look more like golden retrievers.
The reason I ask is I'm trying to help my friend give away her dogs because she can no longer afford them and can't afford the surgery that the little one needs to be a normal dog. It's supposedly a couple thousand to get it done.
We went to a golden retriever rescue that states on it's site that they accept mixes all the time and even spoke with someone who when I described the dogs to them loved them and said they sounded like golden retrievers to them with a touch of lab. Then I was asked to send pictures to a completely different person and after sending the pictures I was told that they are to much of a mix for them.

What's your opinion? Do you think they're to much of a mix? Do they look more GR to you or lab?
I personally think and was always told they look almost like full blooded short haired golden retrievers.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 23, 2015 at 11:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ElvinCephalopod
by Gold Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 11:23 PM
2 moms liked this

no, they don't look like golden retrievers - they look a bit more like golden labs

mama2ameira
by captain underpants on Feb. 23, 2015 at 11:25 PM
1 mom liked this
Agreed. I've owned both.

Quoting ElvinCephalopod:

no, they don't look like golden retrievers - they look a bit more like golden labs

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 23, 2015 at 11:25 PM
Really? That sucks.

Quoting ElvinCephalopod:

mamzie1
by Silver Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 11:25 PM
Golden have longer hair and bigger ears. Someone who is really looking for a golden wouldn't settle for a light colored mix breed.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 23, 2015 at 11:25 PM
Do you think that a golden retriever rescue should help though?
Tooth_Inspector
by Platinum Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 11:26 PM
1 mom liked this
They look more like labs
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 23, 2015 at 11:26 PM
Man.

Quoting mamzie1: Golden have longer hair and bigger ears. Someone who is really looking for a golden wouldn't settle for a light colored mix breed.
Molz09
by Platinum Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 11:26 PM
1 mom liked this

They don't look like goldens at all.... Beside the general coloring.   That's where the similarities end 

mamzie1
by Silver Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 11:27 PM
There's still lots of no kill shelters that you can try..

Quoting Anonymous 1: Man.

Quoting mamzie1: Golden have longer hair and bigger ears. Someone who is really looking for a golden wouldn't settle for a light colored mix breed.
anon71
by Momma Squirrel on Feb. 23, 2015 at 11:29 PM
1 mom liked this
They don't look like 50/50 lab/golden receivers to me. Looks like something else might be in there too.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)