Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I think he finally realized it bugs me

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 0 Replies
I'm in school full-time and I work part time. I raise 3 kids 2 with special needs. Dh is the bread winner he always has been and I'm sure he always will be at least until I can get the older two selfsaficiant enough to not require so much of my time.
This could be yrs. He always says he understands it but up until a few months ago I don't think he really did understand.
He used to say things like I make more money then you (which yes is factual but right now if I did work full-time our kids lives would suffer.) Id tell him how I contribute but sometimes I felt like he only saw $$$ and compared only that. He's encourage me to finish school and tell me I can quit of I want to but it was always followed with its not like your job is making or breaking us. (Again true but I love working I love getting out of the house and being with people. And keeping my mind busy.)
Lately since our middle daughter went to the hospital and I brought it up nicely infront of his parents. I think he started to realize my contributions and felt bad about his behavior.
He's been much better about it lately when I told him that after graduation I was fling to only add 2 days to, my work schedule and have a day off he didn't jump to insults just sat and listened to me tell him what kind of schedule I was planning. I told him I'm going to take a morning class once a week and then deal with the girls stuff in the afternoons like drs appts, iep meetings and what not. He has actually been very attentive lately to learning about the things I have to do with the girls or what they have going on.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 23, 2015 at 11:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)