Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

No, your pet is not your child!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 31 Replies
2 moms liked this

Yes, I know people love their pets but they will never be your children.  They will never be as important.  They will never be more important than HUMAN children.

If there was a situation where you had to choose between your dog and a strange HUMAN child, which would you save?  Animals are wonderful, and a terrific addtion  to any family, but I'm so sick and tired of seeing people saying "my fur baby, my first child"  Dogs are not children, they are DOGS!

PS I'm a dog lover, I have three dogs.  They are not my children though, they are my PETS.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 27, 2015 at 8:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 27, 2015 at 8:15 AM
1 mom liked this
How many times is this going to be done??? Ffs.

My fur babies ARE my babies. Now stfu and mind your own.
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Feb. 27, 2015 at 8:16 AM

Who cares if people want to call their dogs fur babies?

Besides you, and no offense, but IDGAF what you think, rando.

KsAangel25
by Gold Member on Feb. 27, 2015 at 8:17 AM
I completely agree, even though I call our newly adopted dog my new baby. He is a dog. He'll never be a priority over my children.
Aslen
by Ruby Member on Feb. 27, 2015 at 8:19 AM
1 mom liked this
Like i said in the previous post, are dogs and kids the same? Nope.

But the training methods are the same
Foolynroo2
by on Feb. 27, 2015 at 8:19 AM
1 mom liked this
My dogs are way more important than your children... at least to me.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Yes, I know people love their pets but they will never be your children.  They will never be as important.  They will never be more important than HUMAN children.

If there was a situation where you had to choose between your dog and a strange HUMAN child, which would you save?  Animals are wonderful, and a terrific addtion  to any family, but I'm so sick and tired of seeing people saying "my fur baby, my first child"  Dogs are not children, they are DOGS!

PS I'm a dog lover, I have three dogs.  They are not my children though, they are my PETS.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 27, 2015 at 8:19 AM
i agree it bugs me too
PPCLC
by AZ Lizard on Feb. 27, 2015 at 8:20 AM
1 mom liked this

How many posts about this need to be done?

For some people, their pets are their children, and because they either have chosen not have children or can't.

It cannot be THIS hard to grasp.

Foolynroo2
by on Feb. 27, 2015 at 8:20 AM
I also refer to my husband as babe or baby. I am not proclaiming to be his mother or have given birth to him
Misery_Stitches
by Gold Member on Feb. 27, 2015 at 8:20 AM
1 mom liked this
I have aquatic babies (axolotls) and one fur baby (cat)... and I love them just as much as my human babies. If there was an emergency situation, Id be trying to save ALL my babies, human or not. My kids would never forgive me if I didnt ever try to save them... they are family members too
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 27, 2015 at 8:21 AM
2 moms liked this

Your opinion.  I can't have biological children....Since my kids were adopted as toddlers, the only babies I have ever raised are my cats and dogs.  My human children are top priority, but my dogs and cats are the babies I never had.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)