Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Suspended....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies

On Wednesday there was a small incident at my dd's school.  One of the little boys in another class was having a rough day.  His grandmother died last week and they were super close.  He was sitting at a table and kind of crying.  My dd and another girl went and sat with him to keep him company and console him.  The other girl got up to get him some tissue but the bathroom was blocked for cleaning.  She walked down a hallway that is blocked off in the morning to another bathroom.  Apparently that was her third demerit in a month...so now she is suspended for a day.

Now I realize it isn't a huge deal for a day.  But seems she was trying to help someone. 

This is a small private school.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 27, 2015 at 8:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 27, 2015 at 8:44 AM

it doesn't matter if she was helping someone, she broke the rules . 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 27, 2015 at 8:47 AM

Quoting Anonymous 2:

I get that...but you would also think they wouldn't close the one bathroom the kids have access to in the morning for cleaning and not make another one available.

Again...she had the three demerits...which is suspension for a day...so obviously she did some other stuff wrong.

lapcounter
by Race Mom on Feb. 27, 2015 at 8:48 AM
I think that was an asshole move by the school.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 27, 2015 at 8:49 AM
Rules are rules. She could have gone to a teacher for a tissue.
MilkLover0203
by on Feb. 27, 2015 at 8:49 AM
That's shitty. Rules are rules even if we don't agree.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 27, 2015 at 8:50 AM

Im sure if she had said something to the person cleaning the first bathroom about getting tissues , they would have let her. Instead she walked around the school.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting Anonymous 2:

I get that...but you would also think they wouldn't close the one bathroom the kids have access to in the morning for cleaning and not make another one available.

Again...she had the three demerits...which is suspension for a day...so obviously she did some other stuff wrong.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 27, 2015 at 8:51 AM

True...but probably didn't think about it.  The school is small.  Only a gym/cafeteria and two hallways.  The other bathroom is two doors down the first hallway. 

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Im sure if she had said something to the person claening the first bathroom about getting tissues , they would have let her. Instead she walked around the school.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 27, 2015 at 8:53 AM
That's sad she was trying to help her grieving friend.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 28, 2015 at 7:30 AM

that's the point she needs to learn it,

Quoting Anonymous 1:

True...but probably didn't think about it.  The school is small.  Only a gym/cafeteria and two hallways.  The other bathroom is two doors down the first hallway. 

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Im sure if she had said something to the person claening the first bathroom about getting tissues , they would have let her. Instead she walked around the school.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)