Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

have the "rules" changed so much? (sleepover related)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 42 Replies
i remember growing up and having my friends spend the night or me staying at their house. We would either share a bed (if it was big enough) or ended up all together on the floor. Hell i had a friend in highschool,who's house i practically lived in. We always slept together in her bed. So now my dd (12 years old) wants a friend to stay the night. It will be the 1st time for this friend to be over. I was talking to the girls MoMother about it. Just general questions like allergies and stuff like that. I mentioned the girls would be sharing my dd's bed. The mom got really quite and then said she'd prefer her dd having her own place to sleep. Which isn't a problem, i can put an air mattress in dd's room. It just surprised me that the girl's mother had an issue with the girls sharing. Has things changed that much?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 27, 2015 at 8:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jujubear1
by Platinum Member on Feb. 27, 2015 at 8:59 AM
1 mom liked this
Dd and her friends always share. The only time they didn't is when they set up the camping cots in the living room because dd's bed is small and there were 3 girls.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 27, 2015 at 8:59 AM
When dd has sleepovers the girls sleep in her bed but they're still little. When 13 yr old ds has friends spend the night they pass out on the floor.
vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Feb. 27, 2015 at 8:59 AM
When the girls have sleepovers here they sleep in the same bed. I thought that was pretty normal.
toriandgrace
by Bronze Member on Feb. 27, 2015 at 8:59 AM
My daughter and her friends always share a bed or sleep together on the floor.
TaylorMom814
by Emily on Feb. 27, 2015 at 9:02 AM
I know boys that age might not want to share a bed but didn't think girls would have an issue. What if they go on school trips and have to share a bed in a hotel room?
bleumonster
by Sapphire Member on Feb. 27, 2015 at 9:02 AM
They always share unless there are too many kids lol.
liveforever
by on Feb. 27, 2015 at 9:03 AM
My best friend and I used to squish into her twin bed, even as teens!

Dd and her friends dont share a bed here, only because dd kicks like crazy in her sleep. The last sleepover sh went to they did bc her friend has a full size bed.
almburr
by Ruby Member on Feb. 27, 2015 at 9:04 AM
Still the norm to share. They have to share beds at hotels for some school events.
kiddycat73
by Platinum Member on Feb. 27, 2015 at 9:05 AM
My girls always share the bed when they have sleepovers. My son doesn't though lol.
kmeow
by Ruby Member on Feb. 27, 2015 at 9:06 AM
She's just weird, usually people share.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)