Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Newsflash.....typos happen.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies

The school posted on FB last night that "In case of 'sow' please check local news for school closures."  The comments were awful.

It's called a typo.  I knew what they meant.  I am pretty sure everyone else could figure it out too.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 27, 2015 at 9:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Mandymb
by Platinum Member on Feb. 27, 2015 at 9:16 AM
Some people have such sad lives that's worrying about typos is the only thing that gives them a sense of power lol. I just laugh at people like that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 27, 2015 at 9:19 AM

Some people have too much time on their hands. Now, I'll call out clear grammar errors from time to time if someone is acting like a high-and-mighty bitch, but complaining about missing an 'n' on the keyboard, especially on Facebook? Come on now, if that's all people have to do with their time they need to get a hobby.

AngelSinger
by MS Warrior on Feb. 27, 2015 at 9:20 AM
Typos do happen. Even in thread titles.
theboyfactory
by on Feb. 27, 2015 at 9:20 AM
*typos

hashtagRC
by Gold Member on Feb. 27, 2015 at 9:20 AM
2 moms liked this
It really bothers me when something is very obviously a typo and someone comes out with some "check your grammar"....... A typo has not one thing to do with (in)correct grammar. Whyyyy!
EarlGrayHot
by Platinum Member on Feb. 27, 2015 at 9:23 AM

Yes they do.  I have a bandage on a finger which is making it difficult to type right now.  But not trying to correct is appalling.  A school should be catching typos and grammatical errors.  It broadcasts that you're lazy and can't be bothered to clean up what you write.  Spelling, punctuation, and grammer is all about communication.  If you don't use it properly you impede communication.

MIA0223
by Emerald Member on Feb. 27, 2015 at 9:24 AM
Our local news FB page had school closing a for September 27th posted last night. People had a fit over that too!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)