Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am prochoice because I regret my abortion.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 68 Replies
1 mom liked this

When ds was 3 I had an abortion.  I nearly died giving birth to him, I was single, poor and on welfare, just leaving an abusive marraige and scared.  My son's father forced himself on me and I had a lot of feelings about that.

The first ultrasound showed bleeding on the placenta, and the doctor told me it was nothing to worry about.  But given my last pregnancy, it scared me.

I should have kept all of these fears to myself, but thinking I could depend on my family for support, I turned to my aunt and told her my fears.

After I told her, her and my cousin started a campaign for be to abort.  They pressured me daily, brought up all the reasons I should do it.  

I remember one point sitting in my Aunt's car and her crying and telling me I was ruining my life and I needed to have this abortion.  

At that point in my life I hadn't found my voice and strength (therapy after my abusive marraige helped me find it).  I didn't have the confidance to think I was capable and independant and able to make my own decisions.  I relented to pressure and had an abortion.

I regret it.  I regret it every single day.  I wanted that baby.  

Because I didn't have a baby, I was able to get a shitty job at mcdonald's while welfare paid for daycare.  Then, once ds was in school I started my own business and left social services behind for good.  Ds and I no longer live in a sardine can 1bdrm apartment.  We have a huge 2bdrm in the most desirable neighborhood of our city.  

I know might not have turned out as well if I had that baby.  Despite that, I regret it.  Because no one can know for sure it wouldn't have turned out ok.  

What I do know for sure is I cannot have more children.  I have one son, whom I love with all my heart.  And I wish I had two children.

So yea, that's why I am pro-choice.  It should be up to the pregnant woman what happens, and only her.  I think it's wrong to tell a woman what she should do, why she should do it.  I think people should respect that is her body, her life and support her decision, regardless of what it might be.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 27, 2015 at 10:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 27, 2015 at 10:46 AM

BUMP!

AnonyMinnie
by on Feb. 27, 2015 at 10:48 AM

I think it's wrong to kill off innocent life too, so that is why I am anti-abortion.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 27, 2015 at 10:49 AM
Prochoice yet you let others bully you into an abortion
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 27, 2015 at 10:49 AM
1 mom liked this

Prochoice because of my experience.  Not that hard to work out luv.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Prochoice yet you let others bully you into an abortion

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 27, 2015 at 10:51 AM
I'm pro choice bc I know how it feels to have your choice stolen in regards to abortion. No one should have to feel that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 27, 2015 at 10:52 AM
1 mom liked this

Yup.  It's a personal decision, and one that has stays with the woman the rest of her life.  It should be her who makes it.

Quoting Anonymous 3: I'm pro choice bc I know how it feels to have your choice stolen in regards to abortion. No one should have to feel that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 27, 2015 at 10:53 AM
I'm pro choice because it's not my business what medical procedures someone has done with their body
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 27, 2015 at 10:53 AM
I'm sorry you had to experience that. I'm very happy you were able to leave an abusive relationship and better you and your son's lives. That's the problem with coming out the other side. There are always what ifs. I'm sure you thought you made the best decision at the time and unfortunately because our lives are not choose your own adventure books you can do nothing but wonder about what could have been. You sound like a super mom.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Feb. 27, 2015 at 10:53 AM
What if you have died at birth and left two babies without a mother? There are so many "IFS". You need to forget and move on with your life.
NBVP1
by Gold Member on Feb. 27, 2015 at 10:55 AM
Well I'm sure all the innocent babies who take up residence in YOUR uterus will appreciate that.

Quoting AnonyMinnie:

I think it's wrong to kill off innocent life too, so that is why I am anti-abortion.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)