Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

These good vehicles

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies
http://www.mckeeauto.net/2007_Pontiac_Torrent_Perry_IA_251766922.veh

We are buying this vehicle I think but are they a good vehicle? Anybody that has owned one please let me know.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 27, 2015 at 10:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Feb. 27, 2015 at 10:47 AM
I don't know if Pontiac is a buy word for reliability. They don't even make that car anymore. It's now the Chevy Equinox which isn't terrible. So I would guess that it isn't that bad.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 27, 2015 at 10:54 AM
It was only in production for 4 years! I wonder why that is! That right there raises huge red flags for me! My mom has a Toyota RAV4 she bought used with 165,000 miles and it drives like a dream even with over 100,000 miles on it!

I will never ever, ever buy another American-"brand" car ever again!!!!! They suck!!! From here on out, I will only buy Toyota, Nissan, or Honda!!
o.O....
by Cara on Feb. 27, 2015 at 10:56 AM
I don't like Pontiacs. They're unreliable and cheaply made.
Hate2LoveMe
by on Feb. 27, 2015 at 10:57 AM
I have a Honda with 250,000ish miles on it and still running like a champ
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 27, 2015 at 10:58 AM
A Pontiac with 85k on it? No.

Your tranny will go in the next 30k - 40k.

Are you planning on financing it?
Hate2LoveMe
by on Feb. 27, 2015 at 10:59 AM
I love my Honda!! Its got some miles and still running!

Quoting Anonymous 2: It was only in production for 4 years! I wonder why that is! That right there raises huge red flags for me! My mom has a Toyota RAV4 she bought used with 165,000 miles and it drives like a dream even with over 100,000 miles on it!

I will never ever, ever buy another American-"brand" car ever again!!!!! They suck!!! From here on out, I will only buy Toyota, Nissan, or Honda!!
AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Feb. 27, 2015 at 11:02 AM

Amen!. I hate American cars. They are cheap, unreliable, and don't corner well. 

I will only buy German (except my van, which is Japanese) VW, BMW, Audi or Mercedes

Okay, maybe not mercedes. They're expensive for no good reason.  

Quoting Anonymous 2: It was only in production for 4 years! I wonder why that is! That right there raises huge red flags for me! My mom has a Toyota RAV4 she bought used with 165,000 miles and it drives like a dream even with over 100,000 miles on it! I will never ever, ever buy another American-"brand" car ever again!!!!! They suck!!! From here on out, I will only buy Toyota, Nissan, or Honda!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 27, 2015 at 11:04 AM
Yep!! Hondas are one of the best vehicles on the road!! I was talking to my mechanic one time. He said he's had Hondas with 300,000 miles on them and were still running great! He said he usually only has to change the oil on Hondas! Occasionally, they need hoses replaced like any other vehicle that is something it will need to be done at some point. He said Hondas don't need expensive stuff like transmissions or engines fixed/replaced.

Quoting Hate2LoveMe: I love my Honda!! Its got some miles and still running!

Quoting Anonymous 2: It was only in production for 4 years! I wonder why that is! That right there raises huge red flags for me! My mom has a Toyota RAV4 she bought used with 165,000 miles and it drives like a dream even with over 100,000 miles on it!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 27, 2015 at 11:07 AM
Yep! Yep! Yep!!!! I hate American cars!!!! They suck! As soon as I can get rid of my piece of CRAP Ford Focus, never ever again will I buy American again!!!! Grrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!! Don't even ask me wth I was thinking when I bought it!! I must have been stuck on temporary stupid that day!!!

Quoting AliKatAK47:

I will only buy German (except my van, which is Japanese) VW, BMW, Audi or Mercedes

AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Feb. 27, 2015 at 11:11 AM

Ahh. The almighty Ford Fuckus
My MIL always says that Ford stands for Fix-Or-Repair-Daily.  

Quoting Anonymous 2: Yep! Yep! Yep!!!! I hate American cars!!!! They suck! As soon as I can get rid of my piece of CRAP Ford Focus, never ever again will I buy American again!!!! Grrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!! Don't even ask me wth I was thinking when I bought it!! I must have been stuck on temporary stupid that day!!!
Quoting AliKatAK47:

Quoting Anonymous 2: It was only in production for 4 years! I wonder why that is! That right there raises huge red flags for me! My mom has a Toyota RAV4 she bought used with 165,000 miles and it drives like a dream even with over 100,000 miles on it! I will never ever, ever buy another American-"brand" car ever again!!!!! They suck!!! From here on out, I will only buy Toyota, Nissan, or Honda!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)