Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Public School moms, what would you do??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 34 Replies
Last night, a shooting threat at a high school the next county over. This morning a hoax report of a shooting in a school in another county over. Now two of the four high schools in this district are under evacuation for bomb threats.

My kids are in elementary school. Leave kids at school, or go get them?

EDIT- My children's school is NOT in lockdown. At least not that they have informed us. Their campus is very unsecured and there is no on-campus security. It is a disaster waiting to happen.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 27, 2015 at 1:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
that_mom_mary
by on Feb. 27, 2015 at 1:02 PM
Idk that shit doesn't happen where I am. Most bomb threats are called in by students thinking it's funny so I don't think I'd worry.
DevinAnnesmom
by on Feb. 27, 2015 at 1:03 PM
Leave them. You can't let fear rule your life. I know it's scary, we recently had a similar situation, but they'll be okay :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 27, 2015 at 1:03 PM
Leave them. We had lots of bomb threats and the such when I was in school. There was a bomb threat over a weekend at ds's schools last year and I still sent him the Monday after, many did not. Idk..can't live in fear and from my experience...if something's is actually going to go down, no one is going to know about it beforehand.
eztwins
by Platinum Member on Feb. 27, 2015 at 1:04 PM
Follow official policy that school has advised for these circumstances.
Momniscient
by Emerald Member on Feb. 27, 2015 at 1:04 PM
Send them to school.
wkukid
by Beach Bum on Feb. 27, 2015 at 1:04 PM
Bump. I don't intend to use public school.
AnonyMinnie
by on Feb. 27, 2015 at 1:04 PM

You haven't heard more about it? It happens here maybe 1ce a year but it's never serious, it's always some stupid dumbass making stupid threats he didn't really mean or as a joke.

I would go to school though still, idk.

plprincess78
by Bronze Member on Feb. 27, 2015 at 1:04 PM

leave them.  Chances are all the schools are in lockdown and you wouldn't be able to get them anyway.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 27, 2015 at 1:06 PM

I would leave them.  Mine are in pre-K and 1st grade.

But I feel their school is very secure.  You have to go through 2 locked doors to go in, and only then when you are buzzed in by the office.  After school starts, no one is allowed past the office.  

We also have a full-time sheriff's office policeman who stays on-site at the school.  He's very nice and competent and I trust him to be aware of what is going on and protect the students.

Lillibella
by Ruby Member on Feb. 27, 2015 at 1:06 PM

You leave them. Panicking solves nothing. I am sure your school has a plan for things like this. To effectively execute that plan, they don't need panicked parents taking their kids from school. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)