Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

biracial children hair

Posted by on Feb. 27, 2015 at 1:08 PM
  • 44 Replies

Mobile Photo

My DD is 6 and I think she may need a haircut/trim she's never had one idk if that's healthy her hair is very healthy that pic is of her hair just natural half up.
What type of a salon should I go to? Do you think she should get a trim?
by on Feb. 27, 2015 at 1:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 27, 2015 at 1:13 PM
No clue? Seems like a trim wouldn't hurt, helps the ends freshen up?
AnonyMinnie
by on Feb. 27, 2015 at 1:15 PM

I guess that would be up to her right?
There is nothing wrong with any one keeping their hair au natural. I suggest you get something like Miss Jessies hair butter or something similar. It's easy and makes the dry/frizz part of natural hair look amazing. 

wrongsideoftrax
by Member on Feb. 27, 2015 at 1:18 PM

talk to her to see what she wants and let her make the decision in the end

bluebunbun
by Gold Member on Feb. 27, 2015 at 1:19 PM
I have hair lotion and natural products I use for her hair. She Is 6 and has no other choice but to have natural hair atm....I wouldn't allow that...I'm just wondering if anyone with experience knows if she needs a trim and the best place to go for it...if she had hair just like mine she'd have had a few trims by now

Quoting AnonyMinnie:

I guess that would be up to her right?There is nothing wrong with any one keeping their hair au natural. I suggest you get something like Miss Jessies hair butter or something similar. It's easy and makes the dry/frizz part of natural hair look amazing. 

strictmomhere
by Ruby Member on Feb. 27, 2015 at 1:20 PM
Trip her ends deep condition it at a salon my kids are biracial my girls don't have the mixed hair but my boys do pretty girl
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bluebunbun
by Gold Member on Feb. 27, 2015 at 1:21 PM
Yeah I know if she had my hair it'd be easy any hair salon would do. but, with her hair I'm not sure if/when she would need her first trim. Thanks for your response!

Quoting Anonymous 1: No clue? Seems like a trim wouldn't hurt, helps the ends freshen up?
AnonyMinnie
by on Feb. 27, 2015 at 1:21 PM

I don't know where to go but yes it's totally fine and 'good' to trim her hair if you want, yes. Good luck finding a good place!

Quoting bluebunbun: I have hair lotion and natural products I use for her hair. She Is 6 and has no other choice but to have natural hair atm....I wouldn't allow that...I'm just wondering if anyone with experience knows if she needs a trim and the best place to go for it...if she had hair just like mine she'd have had a few trims by now
Quoting AnonyMinnie:

I guess that would be up to her right?There is nothing wrong with any one keeping their hair au natural. I suggest you get something like Miss Jessies hair butter or something similar. It's easy and makes the dry/frizz part of natural hair look amazing. 

bluebunbun
by Gold Member on Feb. 27, 2015 at 1:23 PM
Is it OK to take her to a hair salon I would go to or a a long more used to ethnic hair? I just don't know how to tell when she needs her first trim. Thanks!

Quoting strictmomhere: Trip her ends deep condition it at a salon my kids are biracial my girls don't have the mixed hair but my boys do pretty girl
MIA0223
by Emerald Member on Feb. 27, 2015 at 1:23 PM
Get the book "curl girl, the handbook"
They have a section for AA hair and what to look for and ask when looking for a stylist.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bluebunbun
by Gold Member on Feb. 27, 2015 at 1:24 PM
Thank you.

Quoting AnonyMinnie:

I don't know where to go but yes it's totally fine and 'good' to trim her hair if you want, yes. Good luck finding a good place!

Quoting bluebunbun: I have hair lotion and natural products I use for her hair. She Is 6 and has no other choice but to have natural hair atm....I wouldn't allow that...I'm just wondering if anyone with experience knows if she needs a trim and the best place to go for it...if she had hair just like mine she'd have had a few trims by now

Quoting AnonyMinnie:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)