Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Belly fat

Posted by on Feb. 27, 2015 at 1:43 PM
  • 15 Replies
Hello! Who else is skinny but has a small belly? No matter how much I drop weight my tummy sticks out. It's so frustrating. I dropped 16 lbs, with weight watchers, over a period of 4 months. Do I really have to cut out even more carbs, should I get a tummy tuck, idk!!?? I had a little belly since 18 so it's just how I'm built. But I wanna wear bikinis and tank tops this summer without ppl asking me if I'm pregnant!!!
by on Feb. 27, 2015 at 1:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 27, 2015 at 1:45 PM

Mobile Photo

A little tummy is ok..
Cordoba9632147
by Gold Member on Feb. 27, 2015 at 1:46 PM
The problem is I'm broad shouldered and narrow hipped so it's actually not attractive at all on me. I agree on you its not that noticeable.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Mobile Photo

A little tummy is ok..
B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Feb. 27, 2015 at 1:47 PM
1 mom liked this
You could try weightlifting. Done properly, it burns calories more evenly than cardio.

But that's how I'm built, too. I've been in great shape, low body fat percentage, etc, and never had a flat stomach.
Greenenvy
by Platinum Member on Feb. 27, 2015 at 1:49 PM
If it weren't for the excess skin from my twins and my section "pouch" I wouldn't have one. I did for a little while after birth despite being very thin. Once I strengthened my core again though it went away other than the skin and section issue. Have you been training your core?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 27, 2015 at 1:50 PM
Oh it is!!!
I'm on a 988 calorie diet, and I workout 5 days a week at home.
That's after 3 weeks

Quoting Cordoba9632147: The problem is I'm broad shouldered and narrow hipped so it's actually not attractive at all on me. I agree on you its not that noticeable.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Mobile Photo

A little tummy is ok..
Cordoba9632147
by Gold Member on Feb. 27, 2015 at 1:52 PM
Beyond planks no. I am not exercising at all just focusing on diet. I am going to start soon though. Probably when DS is fully vaxed and summer rolls around.

Quoting Greenenvy: If it weren't for the excess skin from my twins and my section "pouch" I wouldn't have one. I did for a little while after birth despite being very thin. Once I strengthened my core again though it went away other than the skin and section issue. Have you been training your core?
Cordoba9632147
by Gold Member on Feb. 27, 2015 at 1:52 PM
I've had 3 sections. My first baby weighed 9# 11 oz.

Quoting Cordoba9632147: Beyond planks no. I am not exercising at all just focusing on diet. I am going to start soon though. Probably when DS is fully vaxed and summer rolls around.

Quoting Greenenvy: If it weren't for the excess skin from my twins and my section "pouch" I wouldn't have one. I did for a little while after birth despite being very thin. Once I strengthened my core again though it went away other than the skin and section issue. Have you been training your core?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 27, 2015 at 1:53 PM

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

This is where I'm at now. I went from 140 to 131 in the last month. I am trying to get rid of a little more cellulite and the last bit of belly. It's hard and I want to quit, but it's a personal goal and I have to prove to myself that I can do it.
Whisper4271
by Sunshiney on Feb. 27, 2015 at 1:56 PM

That's your problem - too little calories - you should eat at least 1200 per day

Quoting Anonymous 1: Oh it is!!! I'm on a 988 calorie diet, and I workout 5 days a week at home. That's after 3 weeks
Quoting Cordoba9632147: The problem is I'm broad shouldered and narrow hipped so it's actually not attractive at all on me. I agree on you its not that noticeable.
Quoting Anonymous 1:

Mobile Photo

A little tummy is ok..

jennierenna
by Silver Member on Feb. 27, 2015 at 1:56 PM
I have one. I've never had a flat belly but since having kids it looks like yours. I will need a tummy tuck because of loose skin.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)