Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wwyd, is it ok to write this?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies

Yesterday ds came home from pre k complaining that he didnt dance at music class as his friends left him out and nobody wanted to be his partner. He says he sat in the corner crying while other kids danced. He felt torn about it and ASKED me to talk to his teacher. I didnt have a chance to his teacher today. Should i write her to engourage him to get involved? Wwyd? Please no bashing

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 27, 2015 at 1:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Feb. 27, 2015 at 1:56 PM
Just talk to her in person when you take him to school next. Conversations are nearly always the best place to start, especially with 3/4 year olds who don't always remember exactly what happened and explain it accurately.
jjames1990
by on Feb. 27, 2015 at 1:57 PM

I'd talk to her in person and ask her why she thinks he was left out.  What has she noticed socially.

KeepOnTryin
by Melissa on Feb. 27, 2015 at 1:57 PM
1 mom liked this
I doubt very seriously his teacher let him sit in a corner and cry without trying to get him involved. I would ask her, but don't come at her in an accusatory way. And prepare yourself to hear a totally different version of the story!
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Feb. 27, 2015 at 1:58 PM

talk to the teacher face to face, you don't know the whole story

D3SMOMMY
by Gold Member on Feb. 27, 2015 at 2:00 PM

if he feels there might be a problem, talk to her. most kids say everything is ok. but i agree his version maybe completely different then what actually happened. if he was excluded find out why?!?!? 

AddictiveSide
by Don't worry-be happy on Feb. 27, 2015 at 2:00 PM
The teacher should be putting partners together so no one gets left out. I wonder why the teacher doesn't do that?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 27, 2015 at 2:03 PM

He has never complained to me before either

Quoting D3SMOMMY:

if he feels there might be a problem, talk to her. most kids say everything is ok. but i agree his version maybe completely different then what actually happened. if he was excluded find out why?!?!? 

mes_deux_amours
by Ruby Member on Feb. 27, 2015 at 2:04 PM
I'd ask her about it but I'd be prepared to hear a different side of the story.
notjstasocermom
by Sapphire Member on Feb. 27, 2015 at 2:07 PM
I wouldn't do anything
TranquilMind
by Ruby Member on Feb. 27, 2015 at 2:08 PM
Just ask her about the situation. In person would be better.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)