Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is this healed enough?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies

Mobile Photo

To start putting vitamin E on it? I don't want it to scar.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 27, 2015 at 9:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 27, 2015 at 9:29 PM
Bump
TLC4theworld
by Silver Member on Feb. 27, 2015 at 9:33 PM
There are some really red spots. If you rub it will it bleed. If it can bleed still I would wait another day or two.

Also, during the summer when you are out in the sun make sure to apply sunblock to the scar over the next year or two. That will help keep the scar from getting darker.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 27, 2015 at 9:35 PM
Awesome. Thanks for the tips. I think 2 spots could still bleed if rubbed. I'll wait then. I am big on sunscreen anyways because we burn easy. I'll make extra sure to cover that spot.

Quoting TLC4theworld: There are some really red spots. If you rub it will it bleed. If it can bleed still I would wait another day or two.

Also, during the summer when you are out in the sun make sure to apply sunblock to the scar over the next year or two. That will help keep the scar from getting darker.
TLC4theworld
by Silver Member on Feb. 27, 2015 at 9:39 PM
I had a friend front windshield shatter on her face years ago. After they surgically removed the glass that was one of the things I remember her doctor telling her she needed to do if she didn't want the scars to darken. She stopped putting sun block on after a year then her scars started getting darker. He had recommended 5 years, but I don't know if I could keep up with that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 27, 2015 at 9:42 PM
We live in the south with a bunch of sun. So I do sunscreen on a constant basis. Especially the face. She's only 3 so I'll be mother hen for a while. Lol. I don't know that I'd be so concerned with myself though. 5 years is quite a commitment.

Quoting TLC4theworld: I had a friend front windshield shatter on her face years ago. After they surgically removed the glass that was one of the things I remember her doctor telling her she needed to do if she didn't want the scars to darken. She stopped putting sun block on after a year then her scars started getting darker. He had recommended 5 years, but I don't know if I could keep up with that.
Leissaintexas
by Emerald Member on Feb. 27, 2015 at 9:45 PM
Vit E really don't help. Lavender and frankincense would be netter.
AjsMom0508
by Platinum Member on Feb. 27, 2015 at 9:48 PM
I would use bio oil personally.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 27, 2015 at 9:49 PM
I can't remember off the top of my head exactly what's in there. Vitamin E is actually just the base and then I think lavender and Rosemary? Maybe carrot? I'd have to look it up again. It's a blend I had researched for scar tissue healing. I have it in a bottle marked "for scars" and it's made a difference in my scars.

Quoting Leissaintexas: Vit E really don't help. Lavender and frankincense would be netter.
Marti123
by Platinum Member on Feb. 27, 2015 at 9:50 PM
I know it is not as trendy as supplements these days, but we really had good results with Mederma.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 27, 2015 at 9:50 PM
What's that? This is a blend with vitamin E as a base then some other oils. I made it a few months ago and I forgot exactly what I used. I think lavender, and Rosemary but maybe carrot.

Quoting AjsMom0508: I would use bio oil personally.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)